EZ-Serial on CY-333047 Data Transfer Performance Issues

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RiHe_4599321
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First question asked First reply posted

Hello,

I am using the CY-333047 Module with the EZ-Serial Firmware.   It's a special purpose configuration (MSP430 communicating directly to the Serial IF with Flow Control).   The problem that I'm seeing is that I can easily/consistently transferring 625 bytes of data, BUT if I increase the size of the Buffer over that, I begin timing out receiving the buffer data.   The protocol is a simple command-response  where I send a command to the device with the size of the response message.   The slave receives the command then then sends the size of the response packet, followed by the dataset (a simple saw wave) with the MSP moving the data to the Cypress Radio as fast as it will accept the data (CTS).

What happens is that the many times will timeout before receiving all of the data from the Radio.  Below approximately 690 Bytes of Data, no problem but as you go higher, the timeouts begin to occur.  It always recovers and we continue BUT I see various amounts of the end of the buffer not making it over and timing out.  Making the timeout larger does not fix the problem.   The Interface is configured as 500KBaud with Flow Control.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Are you using the classic BT function or BLE function?

0 Likes

Good Morning.   That's a good question.   I assumed that because I was communicating to a Broadcom BCM20702 Bluetooth 4.0 Device (on Win10) that it would be Legacy/Classic BT.  The RFCOMM TDI driver is also loaded, but I can't get much about it either.   How do I check which function is being used?   I need to use the Classic BT Function.

Regards, Rich

0 Likes

When you connect to the device, the device name with a 'BT' suffix is for classic BT. The name without 'BT' suffix is for BLE profile.

0 Likes

Thanks for the response.   Yes the devices report as EZ-Serial 40:1D:66_BT, so I assume that they are reporting as classic.

So no reconfiguration is required, no?

Are there any limitations on the size of the messages in SPP?   Again, after around 625 bytes, I start getting timeouts on the SPP interface. 

0 Likes

Could you share some logs about the problem? Does the problem happen with a reconnection?

0 Likes