EZ-BT Mesh Kit as AT-Command Slave

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NiCr_4063401
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hi,

I didn't see anything in the BT SDK, but is there any demo app or firmware I can load onto my EZ-BT mesh kit that exposes a sort of "AT-Command" API over UART? The end goal would be to control the kit from my computer via USB.

-Nick

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi Nick,

There is no AT command structure available for this module.

However you can directly send standard HCI commands to the module via HCI UART . For example, refer to our CyBluetool ( CyBluetool (Windows Installer)  , CyBluetool User's Guide  )

Also you can make use of WICED HCI commands in , WICED-HCI-Control-Protocol.pdf

btsdk-docs/docs/BT-SDK at master · cypresssemiconductorco/btsdk-docs · GitHub

Thanks,

Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi Nick,

There is no AT command structure available for this module.

However you can directly send standard HCI commands to the module via HCI UART . For example, refer to our CyBluetool ( CyBluetool (Windows Installer)  , CyBluetool User's Guide  )

Also you can make use of WICED HCI commands in , WICED-HCI-Control-Protocol.pdf

btsdk-docs/docs/BT-SDK at master · cypresssemiconductorco/btsdk-docs · GitHub

Thanks,

Anjana

0 Likes

I read through that HCI Protocol doc a bit, and am I correct in assuming that there are no mesh commands?

-Nick

Hi Nick,

Please check hci_control_api.h to get list of all HCI commands. (please search for mesh).

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for the response, but it's not clear to me where to actually find that file. I did a search through the btsdk on github here.

All I can find are the linked documents. I did search the WICED-HCI-Control-Protocol.pdf document for "mesh" but nothing came up.

-Nick.

0 Likes

Hi Nick,

hci_control_api.h file will be available in location here (in the SDK folder 😞 /wiced_btsdk/dev-kit/btsdk-include/hci_control_api.h

Thanks,

Anjana

Hi Anjana,

Thanks for the reply. I don't have that directory. In the repo, there

are just a bunch of .lib files. Do I have to create a certain project in

order to extract these?

-Nick

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi,

Did you import wiced_btsdk into the MTB2.0 IDE?  You need to import wiced_btsdk (which contains libraries, platform files, etc.) once before importing any other BT application.  Please go to the MTB installation directory and check the IDE user guide and quick start guide. (ModusToolbox\ide_2.0\docs\). Same is attached here.

After importing it you can check the include folder to find out hci_control_api.h

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

You may want to install mesh_vendor_specific_app which is available in the mesh_snip. What it does is that receives data over UART and sends it over mesh, and sends over UART what it receives over mesh. Well, it is not exactly that simple, because you need to provision devices and configure them to send data to each other. But after that everything is simple :-).