Can't build "Mesh Demo"

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PaYe_4603801
Level 4
Level 4
5 likes given Welcome! 25 replies posted

Hello,

While trying to build Mesh Demo application I've met problem: I was asked to build wiced_btsdk application first.

I did it (rather tried to do), but wiced_btsdk also failed giving error that I don't understand:

Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type

Please create the wiced_btsdk project via New Application wizard in the IDE or via git clone for CLI.    makefile    /Mesh_Demo_213043MESH.switch_smart    line 242    C/C++ Problem

make: *** Missing prerequisite wiced_btsdk project.  Stop.    makefile    /Mesh_Demo_213043MESH.switch_smart    line 243    C/C++ Problem

BTSDK application projects require the wiced_btsdk project as a prerequisite.    makefile    /Mesh_Demo_213043MESH.switch_smart    line 241    C/C++ Problem

What does it mean: wiced_btsdk complains that it can't find himself ?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
ScottA_91
Employee
Employee
10 solutions authored 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

So it appears the instructions are worded badly, if you could point me to them I'll make sure they get updated.

In your workspace you need your mesh demo and the wiced_btsdk projects.  If then you click on the mesh demo project, you should be able to use the program button in the quick panel.  That will build everything correctly for you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
ScottA_91
Employee
Employee
10 solutions authored 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

So it appears the instructions are worded badly, if you could point me to them I'll make sure they get updated.

In your workspace you need your mesh demo and the wiced_btsdk projects.  If then you click on the mesh demo project, you should be able to use the program button in the quick panel.  That will build everything correctly for you.

0 Likes

I created application with multiple projects using 213043 MESH template (I didn't found option to select just one project)

Then I've created wiced_btsdk.

Actually it looks like this:

Screenshot from 2019-12-20 23-59-35.png

I've tried to rebuild one of the projects - the 1st one - color light.

Here is error:

Please create the wiced_btsdk project via New Application wizard in the IDE or via git clone for CLI.

make: *** Missing prerequisite wiced_btsdk project.  Stop.

BTSDK application projects require the wiced_btsdk project as a prerequisite.

Regards.

0 Likes

Problem resolved.

0 Likes

Hi PaYe_4603801

You have solved the problem by importing wiced_btsdk before importing all your code examples projects?

It would be great if you can share your solution here so that it will be helpful for others.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj