CYW20719B2 No PUART when I2S is Active?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ChCh_3584941
Level 4
Level 4
50 sign-ins 25 replies posted 25 sign-ins

Our Platform is the CYW20719B2 Chip, we are using the I2S interface for Audio Input (A2DP Source Profile). I2S is Muxed to Pins: P04, P16 and P17.   We also use the PUART interface for Application Logging output (Muxed to P00/P01).  

When we activate the I2S interface the PUART logging stops, but it seems that the FW continues to run OK otherwise.  

Is this expected behavior, or may we have something configured incorrectly?  

0 Likes
1 Solution

This seems to have been the issue.  Although we are not Using I2S_DO, some internal code was re-assigning it to the pin we had selected as one of the PUART IOs.  (I'll note that with the B1 version of this chip and WICED STUDIO, it seemed possible to individually enable I2S_DI and _DO).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
advait_kulkarni
25 likes received 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hi @ChCh_3584941 ,

Please confirm that you have done pin assignment for all four (clk, word select, data in and data out) correctly right as you have mentioned only 3 pins. Also can you share the logs that you are getting while you init I2S? 

Also let us know if you are using the QFN 40 package or WLCSP.

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes

This seems to have been the issue.  Although we are not Using I2S_DO, some internal code was re-assigning it to the pin we had selected as one of the PUART IOs.  (I'll note that with the B1 version of this chip and WICED STUDIO, it seemed possible to individually enable I2S_DI and _DO).

0 Likes
ChCh_3584941
Level 4
Level 4
50 sign-ins 25 replies posted 25 sign-ins

Hi Advait;

First, we are using the QFN 40 package

Second:  Since we are IO limited and are only using the CYW20719 as an Audio Source, we have manually over-ridden the default I2S DATA_OUT at P06 and are using that pin as a GPIO for some other system functions.  (I'll note that previously in WICED_STUDIO, the Pin configuration GUI tool allowed individual selection of the I2S pins, in Modus ToolBox Pin Config GUI only allows the I2S interface to be assigned as a group)

Regarding I2S Init:  based on the wiced_hal_pcm.h header file, I do not see an explicit 'Init' function, and the I2S interface seems to be working as expected.  (I'll note that we have not been able to find any reference project, or much documentation on the I2S interface).  It was not clear to us if the A2DP profile is performing some set-up of the I2S interface 'behind the scene', as it just seems to work if selected as the input interface.

0 Likes
Stewered1
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted Welcome!

It is typically synchronized to the falling edge of the serial clock, as the data is latched on the rising edge.

regards: Spotify crack APK

0 Likes
Stewered1
Level 1
Level 1

I2S is a serial bus interface specially designed for communicating digital audio data between integrated circuits (ICs). The I2S protocol sends pulse-code modulation (PCM) audio data from a controller to a target. It has at least three lines: the bit clock, the word select, and a data line.

regards: 3mod apk

0 Likes
Daniellisa
Level 1
Level 1

Documentation for usage of the I2S (Inter-IC Sound) protocol on SAMD21 ... Returns the next sample of incoming I2S data without removing it

regards; Fine Pixel Pitch LED display Manufacturer

0 Likes
Stewe
Level 1
Level 1

Documentation for usage of the I2S (Inter-IC Sound) protocol on SAMD21 ... Returns the next sample of incoming I2S data without removing it.

regards: Fine Pixel Pitch LED display Manufacturer

0 Likes
nw035885
Level 1
Level 1

Power tools supplier in Pakistan, Pakistan’s largest importers and suppliers of Battery Operated Golf Cars ranging from 2 seaters to 20 seaters with complete spare part availability and aftersales service. 

0 Likes