CYBT-343026-01 EZ-Serial MAC Address

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RoMc_863046
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hello,

I am using the EZ-Serial Host API Protocol Library with the CYBT-343026-01.

App: 1.2.29 build 29
Stack: 5.2.0 build 22
Protocol: 1.3
HW: CYBT-343026-01

I have a few modules that I re-flashed with EZ-Serial binary.
My procedure is to use ModusToolbox and flash the module with the Firmware_Upgrade_via_HCI application via the HCI UART. Then I use ClientControl to flash the module with the EZ-Serial Binary via the HCI UART.

The issue is, after I do this, all the modules have the same Bluetooth Device Address (MAC). I believe this is because the Firmware_Upgrade_via_HCI application has this line in the makefile.

BT_DEVICE_ADDRESS?=default

Per the documentation, this will set a BDA for your device by combining the 7 hex digit device ID with the last 5 hex digits of the host PC MAC address.

My question is, how do I prevent this. I want each module to have a unique MAC, preferably the MAC they had before I reflashed EZ-Serial.

Thank you,

-Rocko

0 Likes
3 Replies
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @RoMc_863046 ,

Did you try setting the device address from the Ez serial fw using the Set Device Address command after flashing the FW?

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

Hi @BragadeeshV,

Yes, I am able to change the device address from the EZ-Serial Firmware using the Set Device Address command after flashing the FW.

Is this how Infineon assigns a unique MAC to each module?  They do so after flashing EZ-Serial?

Is there a way to prevent the flashing process from overwriting the factory MAC?

Thank you,

-Rocko

0 Likes
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @RoMc_863046 ,

Ideally, each module should have it s own MAC address when flashed with the ez serial fw. Can you try setting the address as random in the makefile and test this?

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes