CYBT-343026-01: BT Classic (BR/EDR) with EZ-Serial Host API Protocol Library

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RoMc_863046
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

I am using the EZ-Serial Host API Protocol Library with the CYBT-343026-01.

App: 1.2.29 build 29
Stack: 5.2.0 build 22
Protocol: 1.3
HW: CYBT-343026-01

I have found other posts asking about this same issue but none that lead to a solution.

Sometimes the module shows up (broadcasts) as type 2 (BLE) and sometimes as type 3 (Dual Mode). When it shows up as dual mode, I can connect with BT Classic but when it shows up as BLE, I cannot connect in classic mode.

I only require BT Classic. Is there a way to setup for BR/EDR only or force Dual Mode every time? Once connected, I am only using SPP.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

If the V and N is 0, then the classic BT will always be discoverable and connectable unless the BLE is connected. 

If you see the previous problem again, please see if there is any abnormal log and share it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Could you use the SBTP command to set the bt discoverability and connectability to always activity.

0 Likes

@Owen_Zhang123 

I will try to use SBTP as you have suggested.

It would be helpful if the all the BT Classic commands (Group ID 14) were not missing from the API.

Have they been excluded intentionally?  Are there issues I need to be aware of when using Group 14 commands?

Thank you.

0 Likes

@Owen_Zhang123 

Using the command GBTP to get the current Bluetooth classic parameters, I get the following:

@R,0033,GBTP,0000,T=7D00,D=02,C=01,F=00,S=02,V=0000,N=0000

Per the API documentation, this indicates discoverability and connectability are both already set for always active.

These are the default settings.  Do you have a recommendation for what these settings should be?

0 Likes

If the V and N is 0, then the classic BT will always be discoverable and connectable unless the BLE is connected. 

If you see the previous problem again, please see if there is any abnormal log and share it.

0 Likes