CYBT-343026-01 BLE transmission.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NeDh_4602711
Level 5
Level 5
5 solutions authored First solution authored 50 replies posted

I am using WICED STUDIO 6,2 and using CYBT-343026-01.

how can I set 0dBm manually in code.?

Thanks and regards,

Neeraj

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi Neeraj,

You can use API wiced_bt_dev_set_tx_power(). Please check Configuring Transmit (Tx) Power on CYW20706 Chip - KBA228573

You can also send HCI command using CyBluetool.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi Neeraj,

You can use API wiced_bt_dev_set_tx_power(). Please check Configuring Transmit (Tx) Power on CYW20706 Chip - KBA228573

You can also send HCI command using CyBluetool.

I have set wiced_bt_dev_set_adv_tx_power(0); and it works.

pastedImage_4.jpg

but I was expecting it will drop current consumption. As it is metioned in datasheet.

pastedImage_2.png

Also I want to ask how can I set 1 second interval. currently I am using wiced_init_timer fuction to call BLE transmission after every 1 seconds is it correct way to do this?

Also I have tried to use wiced_sleep_config(WICED_TRUE,NULL,NULL); but no success.

Currently my current consumption is 3.15mA

Regards,

Neeraj

0 Likes

The datasheet section which you highlighted mentioned about BLE advertisement avg current consumption. The advertisement related parameters can be changed in wiced_bt_cfg.c file.

Can you explain more about your application and what you are trying to achieve?

0 Likes

I am trying to transmit BLE Eddystone TLM data currently all the data frames in TLM are kept as 0.

I want to use this Eddystone with one asset tracking platform.

I am using Wiced studio 6.2 and found that there is a problem with file name with *.c hence I have copied all the content from wiced_bt_cfg.c to one .h file. and I am using that. otherwise i am getting compilation errors. will this work?

Thanks and regards,

Neeraj

0 Likes

I don't think there should be any problem with .c filename. However, if the configuration data is getting accessed properly then its ok.

Configuring tx power to 0dBm using above API should work.

0 Likes