Board variants for Audio BT kit CYW920721B2EVK

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HeUr_4763776
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted

There seem to be three variants for this board, CYW920721B2EVK-X where X = 1, 2, or 3.

1) What are the differences between the boards?

2) I was able to find variant 1 on Mouser, but couldn't locate any place that sells 2 or 3. Any ideas where I could find these?

3) Project creator supports 2 and 3, but not 1. Any recommendations about what variant to use for this board?

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi HeUr_4763776​,

1. The parts used on eval board varies a bit. Like CYW920721B2EVK-03 uses QFN 40 carrier module, whether as EVK-02 has Murata Type 1WA module (If you check, MCU column is different for both the boards in screenshot you have attached).

2. Please check with Cypress sales team to purchase these boards: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cyw920721b2evk-02-evaluation-kit

3. I'll suggest to go for CYW920721B2EVK-02 board. You can use any variant though, we provide support for both of them.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi HeUr_4763776​,

1. The parts used on eval board varies a bit. Like CYW920721B2EVK-03 uses QFN 40 carrier module, whether as EVK-02 has Murata Type 1WA module (If you check, MCU column is different for both the boards in screenshot you have attached).

2. Please check with Cypress sales team to purchase these boards: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cyw920721b2evk-02-evaluation-kit

3. I'll suggest to go for CYW920721B2EVK-02 board. You can use any variant though, we provide support for both of them.

0 Likes

Thanks for the info... I did get in touch with our Cypress rep about the kit. We want these board to play around with audio over Bluetooth and had a couple of questions:

1) I believe audio in this kit uses the the CYW9BT Audio 2 Arduino shield for audio over BT (e.g., A2DP). Is that correct?

2) I can't find the CYW9BT anywhere and was wondering, is it sold separately?

3) Does is make sense to try the CYW9BT Audio 2 on some of the other BT devkits, e.g., is it supported with sample code on other kits?

4) Is CYW920721B2EVK-02 the best kit for playing with Bluetooth audio? We're looking for sample code that exercises A2DP sink and, if possible, one or more source mics (e.g. for SCO).

Thanks again!

Hector Urroz

0 Likes

Hi Hector,

1. Yes it is audio over A2DP.

2. The board comes with the CYW9BT codec. Please check kit contents here https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cyw920721b2evk-02-evaluation-kit

3. The other device should be compatible with CYW9BT audio 2 codec, then it will work.

4. Yes CYW20721B2 supports both A2DP sink & source functionalities. You can find related demo code examples here: Cypress Semiconductor Corporation · GitHub

Thanks for the good info.

I'm still wondering about the CYW9BT audio 2 codec. Where can I find that part besides purchasing the dev kit, which I also can't find? I tried several distributors, and no luck.

Thanks,

Hector

0 Likes

Hi Hector,

I would suggest you to check with your local Cypress team for audio codec purchase, they can help surely.

0 Likes