Bluetooth Clock Access

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
arwhalley
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

I am evaluating the CYW20706 and the AIROC solutions as a replacement for our existing IoT Bluetooth functionality. It is essential for the operation of our system that we have access to the Bluetooth clock. We do that currently using the HCI command HCI_READ_CLOCK because we have a 2 chip solution with an HCI bus in between. I do not see any API support for this functionality in AIROC and wondered if you had any advice or suggestions.

0 Likes
1 Solution

I didn't find the related API in the SDK. The function is not available for  MCU mode.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Do you mean that you are going to run the device in controller mode?

0 Likes

No, I'm merely asking for the same information as provided by the HCI_READ_CLOCK command detailed in the Bluetooth specification. I apologise, in advance, but I am not prepared to explain why I need this on a public forum.

0 Likes

Yes, the standard HCI command defined in the SPEC is supported by CYW20706 in HCI mode.

You may refer to the following blog about how to run the device in HCI mode: 

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Resource-Library/Run-CYW20706-in-HCI-Mode/ta-p/246397

0 Likes

That greats! However, the whole point of looking at this chip, is to move our current application, consisting of a microcontroller and a bluetooth controller with an HCI bus in between, into the single chip solution offered by the CYW20706. So is there a way of getting the Bluetooth clock from the device whilst running code on its on board microcontroller?

0 Likes

Is there anyway of getting the Bluetooth clock from the CYW20706 using AIROC but without running in HCI mode? Without this functionality I cannot use this device.

0 Likes

I didn't find the related API in the SDK. The function is not available for  MCU mode.

0 Likes