Ask about RFCOMM_Serial_Port_MultiPort[cyw20706]

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jeje_2937166
Level 3
Level 3
10 questions asked 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi 

I am testing Spp RFCOMM_Serial_Port_MultiPort[cyw20706] .

and I check the two device connections by following the instructions on github.

but I check only when I trying to connect from client contol(cyw20706 tool) to the second device

if I trying to connect from second device, connection is failed.

According to AirLog, when secibd device trying to connect ,cyw2070 becomes Test mode

jeje_2937166_0-1669609574898.png

I want cyw20706 to check if multi-connection works even if it tries from peer device(ex_Smart phone)

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
advait_kulkarni
25 likes received 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hi @jeje_2937166 

Please see the image below,

CC.png

After you have paired both devices and connected to device A (till case 3), in the drop down highlighted in the image, you will see the id of device A, now if you want to connect to device B, go to that drop down, and select the id of device B. Then you will be able to connect to device B.  This is mentioned in github instructions as well. Can you please check if this works?

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies
advait_kulkarni

Hi @jeje_2937166 ,

Thankyou for contacting infineon tech support team. We will assign a support engineer to help resolve your query.

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni.

0 Likes
jeje_2937166
Level 3
Level 3

Hi @advait_kulkarni 

I will wait for your next answer 

Thank you 

0 Likes
advait_kulkarni

Hi @jeje_2937166 ,

I followed the steps in github and I was able to make it work successfully. 

Using mobile or any app to create a 2nd connection, you need to connect it with the SPP multi port app and not with 2nd device (like your pc bluetooth).

Also, the SPP application allows multiple connections to be active with it simultaneously, but you can communicate with only 1 at a time. So, you need to select one of the 2 devices (mobile or pc) from dropdown in the client control to send data to that device.

Also make sure that the baudrate in clientcontrol is 3m, and that incoming and outgoing ports are created at your pc.

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni.

0 Likes

Hi @advait_kulkarni 

I connected through SPP APP wi as you said.

My Test case is next.

1. Pairing with device A

2. Pairing with device B

3. Connect to device A vis SPP APP in Smart Phone(Device A -> cyw20706) 

4. Connect to device B vis SPP APP in Smart Phone(Device B -> cyw20706)

But I fail at number four case.

I understand that for muliti connect, second connection must be  connected only  in  cyw20706 .

Is thsi right???

Thank you 

0 Likes
advait_kulkarni

Hi @jeje_2937166 

Please see the image below,

CC.png

After you have paired both devices and connected to device A (till case 3), in the drop down highlighted in the image, you will see the id of device A, now if you want to connect to device B, go to that drop down, and select the id of device B. Then you will be able to connect to device B.  This is mentioned in github instructions as well. Can you please check if this works?

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni.

0 Likes

Hi @advait_kulkarni 

When I use the Client Control for the sencond connection, I confirm that both were connected.

but when I try a second connection from smartphone, The conntion  failed !!(Case 4)

If I want sencond connection, Should I try to connect only from Client Cotrol???? 

0 Likes
advait_kulkarni

Hi @jeje_2937166 ,

You need some host to manage the connections between two devices and SPP. Hence, in this case you are using client control. You can also use some external MCU as a host in place of CC and write a code for this functionality of switching between the devices.  The CC provided by us does this for you readily, as an easier way to test the application.

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni.

0 Likes

@advait_kulkarni 

when I connect the second device, I want to know if both of the following are possible.

1. SMART PHONE -> CYW20706

2 cyw20706 -> Smart Phone

0 Likes
advait_kulkarni

Hi @jeje_2937166 ,

I am not sure what difference are you considering in the following two cases:  SMART PHONE -> CYW20706 and cyw20706 -> Smart Phone.

Let me clear it out. So, you will pair the spp from your mobile device, then you will send the connection request from some app in your mobile device (like serial bluetooth terminal) to the SPP. And to enable/allow the spp to accept that connection request, you will select the mobile device in the client control. Client control (or any other external MCU with this feature) is a must.

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni.

0 Likes

Hi @advait_kulkarni 

two cases are very important. because this has to do with user interface. 

0 Likes
advait_kulkarni

Hi @jeje_2937166 ,

I hope my last message is clear to you, if it isn't, please let me know what confusion you have.

As I said, you can send a connection request from your 2nd device to spp after you have selected that device from client control. And your connection will be established. That is how this example works, if you want to have additional capabilities like navigating the devices from external MCU or GUI without using Client control, then you will have to develop the code for it, and you can use our code example as a base.

Kindly let me know the steps you want to perform in those two cases, in case it is not yet clear.

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni.

0 Likes
jeje_2937166
Level 3
Level 3

Hi @advait_kulkarni 

Thank you for your answer

I Know that Ican send a connection request from your 2nd device to spp after you have selected that device from client control.

What I want  to do is  when the second device tries to connect,  I want to know if it is able th connect.

0 Likes
advait_kulkarni

Hi @jeje_2937166 ,

To verify that your device is connected:

Pair your mobile Bt with spp.

Then, after selecting your mobile in client control dropdown, go to an app like Serial Bluetooth Terminal, and send connection request to the spp.

You will receive a message on the mobile app that confirms the connection.

Now go to client control, SPP section as shown below:

CC.png

You can type data in the send of client control and you will get the same in your mobile app. Similarly, you can send the data from mobile app and you will see the corresponding ascii value in the receive of the client control.

Does this answer your query?

Thanks and regards,

Advait kulkarni

0 Likes