Accesing Hardware Files of CYW920819EVB-02 board

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
KaLa_4346091
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted 5 likes given

hello,

I am a student working on the kit CYW920819 EVB-02. Recently, when I was working with the kit, the carrier module got separated from the baseboard. Then i have taken the board to a PCB professional who is in requirement of the hardware files to know the connection points of the carrier module to the baseboard. He expressed that it can be done if we know the hardware design files

But the files in the enclosed attachment are not being opened

I have tried with Cadence OrCAD software,Pspice Student Version,Eagle Software(for .brd files),NI Multisim(to open .dsn files)

but the are not being opened

Please suggest me a way to open each type of individual file in the attachment and also specify the specific software to be used to open them.

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

To re-solder the carrier module back to the base, assembly drawing, gerber files and schematics are enough. For opening these file, a PDF reader and a gerber file viewer are needed. There are many online and offline gerber file viewer are available. Click Here. Please use one it.

For .dsn, please use orcad capture.

For .brd, please use Allegro PCB editor

Allegro Free viewer can be used just to view .brd file. (Please use your official/college mail ID to register and download the software)

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

To re-solder the carrier module back to the base, assembly drawing, gerber files and schematics are enough. For opening these file, a PDF reader and a gerber file viewer are needed. There are many online and offline gerber file viewer are available. Click Here. Please use one it.

For .dsn, please use orcad capture.

For .brd, please use Allegro PCB editor

Allegro Free viewer can be used just to view .brd file. (Please use your official/college mail ID to register and download the software)

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. i had succesfully opened gerber and .brd files. But i am facing problem with .dsn files. When i am trying to open .dsn with OrCAD Capture, I got the error that says "Attempt to read file with invalid format"

Also please clarify on how to open .ipc files. I tried with orcad capture and it showed text description of board

also after looking through the stuff, how could i know what pins are connected in between the carrier module and the baseboard

Hi,

It can be orcad capture incompatible software version issue. You may be using old version of Orcad capture. I suggest you to update the software to the latest version and give it a try.

I could just open .ipc file and read it's content using notepad++ (any text viewer, internet explorer, chrome should work). It contains additional info of board.

To understand the connection/circuitry, please refer the schematic doc. Information like where to place the board, it's orientation, etc. can be identified from the assembly drawing.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

Hi,

FYI.

Cypress team uses Cadence capture 16.6 and 17.2. Please try with any one of it.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

My take on this (from the photos) is that your vendor need not know the design files. He just need to solder back the module board onto the carrier.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. He said he needs to know whether all the pins or some pins must be soldered to the board. So for finding that info, I was referring to the design hardware files.

I need some suggestions and insights on the way to solder it to the baseboard.

0 Likes