Anycloud WiFi Web Server example - unstable operation, errors

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dk
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked First comment on blog 5 likes given

Hi, I created a new app using the anycloud wifi server template, and flashed it on both of my dev boards. I only changed the SSID and password variables. 

Problem on my CY8CPROTO-062-4343w:

- After switching to the right wifi, I can open the website in my browser and play with the slider or capsense to change brightness. This works maybe 5-10 times, after that there is no change in the PWM value, and on serial I get the error message:

"Error: Updating event stream failed" What might be the reason for this?

Problem on my CY8Kit-062-Wifi-BT:

- I used the library manager to update the board type. 

- Compiles without errors and flashes

- I get the message on the TFT and serial that the Wifi connection to my home network has been successful. 

- After that message: Nothing, however I can see that the device acquired an IP address. Trying to open port 80 results in a "permission denied" error, so the networking seems to work but the server does not accept connections on port 80.

I am not very experienced in using Modus Toolbox and the whole PSoC ecosystem, so I bet that I configured something wrong. Anyone with ideas on how to approach debugging this? Does the code example runs stable on your end?

Thanks!  

0 Likes
1 Solution
YashM
First question asked 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hi,

We tried the above example at our end on both the kits but we couldn't reproduce the issue.

Regarding "Error: Updating event stream failed" What might be the reason for this?" -> you can reload the HTML page and see if it works.

Also, you can change the buffer size of char sensor_value_buffer[SENSOR_BUFFER_LENGTH] inside the void server_task(void *args) function under server.c file. Currently the size of SENSOR_BUFFER_LENGTH = 128, you can try to increase the size and check if that works.

Regarding "Nothing, however I can see that the device acquired an IP address. Trying to open port 80 results in a "permission denied" error, so the networking seems to work but the server does not accept connections on port 80." -> Can you please try some other device maybe a mobile phone instead of a PC to perform this exercise?

Let me know your observation.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
YashM

Hi,

May I know if you have done any changes to the code?

If yes, then please let me know.

Thanks

0 Likes
dk
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked First comment on blog 5 likes given

Hi, no I did not change anything except the wifi AP name and password as recommended on Github. 

0 Likes
YashM

Hi,

We tried the above example at our end on both the kits but we couldn't reproduce the issue.

Regarding "Error: Updating event stream failed" What might be the reason for this?" -> you can reload the HTML page and see if it works.

Also, you can change the buffer size of char sensor_value_buffer[SENSOR_BUFFER_LENGTH] inside the void server_task(void *args) function under server.c file. Currently the size of SENSOR_BUFFER_LENGTH = 128, you can try to increase the size and check if that works.

Regarding "Nothing, however I can see that the device acquired an IP address. Trying to open port 80 results in a "permission denied" error, so the networking seems to work but the server does not accept connections on port 80." -> Can you please try some other device maybe a mobile phone instead of a PC to perform this exercise?

Let me know your observation.

Thanks

0 Likes