BGS14WMA9 S parameter deembeding

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
xiexm
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First like received First reply posted
 Hi Friends,
I met a problem about the antenna switch chip BGS14WMA9  S parameter deembedding.  Hope to get help to provide the correct S parameter. Thanks in advance.

There are support files about BGS14WMA9 Eval Board S-Parameters on website, which are named DeEmb.s2p, RF1.s2p, RF2.s2p,  and etc.   

I used the s2p files in the Mallab program IEEEP370Zc2xThru.m, which is 2x Thru deembedded matlab program , to make deembedding, but the deembedded result shows that the insert lossion is only about 0.1dB at 4GHz, which is not make sence. refer to following figure.
1.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
George_T
50 likes received First question asked 250 replies posted

Hi @xiexm,

The S-parameter measurements available, for downloading, is already de-embedded.

The De-Embedding s-parameter is provided for reference, if the evaluation board measurement is done at your end.

Thanks and regards,

George

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
George_T

Hi @xiexm,

Supporting documentation for the S-parameters for the switch can be found in the following section in addition to the mentioned S-parameters.

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/rf/rf-switches-spxt-dpxt/bgs14wma9/#!designsupport

I am currently looking in to the de-embedding performed at your end to understand the problem.

Thanks and regards,

George

0 Likes
George_T

Hi @xiexm,

The S-parameter measurements available, for downloading, is already de-embedded.

The De-Embedding s-parameter is provided for reference, if the evaluation board measurement is done at your end.

Thanks and regards,

George

0 Likes
xiexm
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First like received First reply posted

Hi George,

Understand. Thanks a lot. So I use the s parameters downloading for my simultion since has been de-embedded. 

Best Regards,

Michael Xie