BGS12WN6 DC Bias

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
fishe128
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

For this diversity switch, it says on p. 2 of the datasheet that "No blocking capacitors required if no DC applied on RF lines." However, as a footnote on p. 3, it says, "1) There is also a DC connection between switched paths. The DC voltage at RF ports V_{RFDC} has to be 0 V."

Could someone please clarify this? I am interested in using it as an SPST with RF2 left unterminated. I would also like to have RF1 and GND connected.

Thank you,

Alden 

0 Likes
1 Solution
George_T
50 likes received First question asked 250 replies posted

Hi @fishe128,

I am really sorry for the delayed response.

Please note there is no harm in grounding the RF pin. However, I would recommend to ground the RF pin using a 50 Ohm resistor.

Thanks and regards,

George

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
George_T

Hi @fishe128,

It is given in the datasheet that "There is also a DC connection between switched paths. The DC voltage at RF ports VRFDC has to be 0 V". This means that DC voltage at RF ports should be zero. So if this condition is satisfied: "No blocking capacitors required if no DC applied on RF lines", as mentioned in the datasheet.

Please note that if DC voltage is expected at the RF ports, blocking capacitors should be included in the design.

Please let me know if more information is required.

Thanks and regards,

George

0 Likes

Thanks, GeorgeT, I am still a bit confused if an RF pin and DC GND can be connected together. GND is 0V, so I believe it would be fine without a blocking cap. 

0 Likes
George_T

Hi @fishe128,

I am really sorry for the delayed response.

Please note there is no harm in grounding the RF pin. However, I would recommend to ground the RF pin using a 50 Ohm resistor.

Thanks and regards,

George

0 Likes