TLE5012B E1000

Announcements

Measure CO2 When It Matters - Infineon’s XENSIV™ PAS CO2 now comes in SparkFun Red. Check it now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
bowen
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First like given First reply posted

Hello,

I would like to use TLE5012B E1000 on IIF mode with TC234 MCU. After reading the latest User's Manual and DS, I got some questions below.

1. For work requirement, it's necessary to configure electrical 0° as the new zero position. I would like to find out how the IIF singal works after the new ANG_BASE writen to the register by SPI interface. According to User's Manual, the IFC pin will generate the pulse when the internal Incremental Interface Counter steps over 0°. Dose the internal Incremental Interface Counter means the AVAL?

Could I describe this process like this: Set new ANG_BASE -> AVAL counter is 0 -> generate IFC pluse -> external IIF counter(like GPT12) reset 0

2. TLE5012B E1000 is preconfigured 12bit mode, one count per 0.088° angle step. This means that the start-up pluses is transmited in 4096 resolution. If I want to set it work with 11bit(2048) mode, what process should I take after the external IIF counter(like GPT12) get the start-up pluses?

3. Could the  TLE5012B E1000 detect when tilt angle of magnet with respect to axis of rotation is really big?(report by S_MAGOL in STAT register?)

Best reagrds,

Bowen

0 Likes
1 Solution
Deepa_V
First comment on KBA 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hi @bowen ,

1.  Internal Increment Interface Counter (02H) and AVAL(20H) are separate counter registers, but this is also affected by the ANG_BASE. So actually the incremental interface outputs the value in AVAL (with less resolution). The IFC pulse is generated when AVAL is 0°. So the process can be described like this: Setting the new ANG_BASE -> When AVAL is 0 an IFC pulse is generated by the sensor -> this can be used by the external counter (in the microcontroller) to reset to 0. And how to set the new ANG_BASE value is described in the User Manual Section 6.1.4 :  https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-Angle_Sensor_TLE5012B-UM-v01_02-en-UM-v01_02-EN.pdf?fileId=55... .

2. For changing to 11-bit resolution the bits IFAB_RES in register MOD_4 (0x0E) needs to be set to 0b01. If you want to adapt the counter value in your microcontroller accordingly in order to match the 11-bit value of the sensor, divide the counter value in the microcontroller by 2.

3. You wouldn't get an S_MAGOL-Error by tilting the magnet.

Best regards,

Deepa

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Deepa_V

Hi @bowen ,

1.  Internal Increment Interface Counter (02H) and AVAL(20H) are separate counter registers, but this is also affected by the ANG_BASE. So actually the incremental interface outputs the value in AVAL (with less resolution). The IFC pulse is generated when AVAL is 0°. So the process can be described like this: Setting the new ANG_BASE -> When AVAL is 0 an IFC pulse is generated by the sensor -> this can be used by the external counter (in the microcontroller) to reset to 0. And how to set the new ANG_BASE value is described in the User Manual Section 6.1.4 :  https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-Angle_Sensor_TLE5012B-UM-v01_02-en-UM-v01_02-EN.pdf?fileId=55... .

2. For changing to 11-bit resolution the bits IFAB_RES in register MOD_4 (0x0E) needs to be set to 0b01. If you want to adapt the counter value in your microcontroller accordingly in order to match the 11-bit value of the sensor, divide the counter value in the microcontroller by 2.

3. You wouldn't get an S_MAGOL-Error by tilting the magnet.

Best regards,

Deepa

bowen
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First like given First reply posted

Hi Deepa,

Thanks for your kindly response, I have checked the User Manual again and there are still some questions.

1. Your ANG_BASE working description is really clear, it's very helpful for my work. As I see it, AVAL(02H) and Internal Increment Interface Counter (20H) have some similar function. And the only difference is that they have different resolutions(AVAL is 15bit, 36767; IIF_CNT is no better than 14bit, 16383). Could I think that IIF_CNT is got by right shifting of AVAL?

2. Does TLE5012B E1000 have the ability to report the error for these case: Distance between surface of the magnet and sensitive area, Tilt angle of magnet with respect to axis of rotation, Eccentricity of magnet with respect to axis of rotation is big enough to cause angle value deviation.

Best regards,

Bowen

0 Likes
Deepa_V

Hi @bowen ,

1. Internal Increment Interface Counter is not right-shifted AVAL but an entirely separate register.

2.  The stated errors cannot be measured using this sensor. You can opt for 3D hall sensor to detect such errors. 

Best regards,

Deepa

0 Likes