About Speed Sensor

Announcements

Measure CO2 When It Matters - Infineon’s XENSIV™ PAS CO2 now comes in SparkFun Red. Check it now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gonuldemir
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Dear Sir & Madam,

I am Gonul Demir from Fenac.

You can visit our website to get to  more information about us. https://www.fenac.com.tr/

We have a new project. We are designing gear tooth sensor, but our target is not a standart gear.

The target is on the attachment file.

Radius is 90mm and there are 4 gear tooth on the target.

Our custermer need speed and direction information.

Output 1 should be digital square wave and measures the speed of target gear .

Output 2 is a DC level that when the target wheel rotates clockwise, the output signal 2 produces  logic High, and when the target wheel rotates counter clockwise, the output signal 2 produces logic low.

Do you advice us your suitable speed sensor  ?

IMG-20220208-WA0000.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @gonuldemir 

The magnet need not be present along the circumference of the shaft. This can also be placed at the end with the magnetic sensor present orthogonal to it. For example, please see the figure below - 

Hari_0-1644914152106.png

This can be present in a variety of configurations as long as the sensor is not placed directly on the rotational axis. 

Some other valid configurations are - 

Hari_1-1644914217030.png

Hari_2-1644914223007.png

Please let me know if it would be feasible to use any of these configurations for your application. 

Best regards, 
Hari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Hari

Hi @gonuldemir 

Please check out our magnetic hall switch implementation for direction and speed measurement applications. You can take a look at the TLI4966G (https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/sensor/magnetic-sensors/magnetic-position-sensors/hall-switc...).

We also have similar products that are automotive qualified in case the application requires strict certifications - TLE4966G (https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/sensor/magnetic-sensors/magnetic-position-sensors/hall-switc...).

You can have an out-of-shaft arrangement for the magnet for speed and direction calculation. 

Hari_0-1644500586436.png

Please let me know if this would be suitable for your application. 

Best regards, 
Hari

0 Likes

Dear Hari ,

Thank you very much for your answer. 

Acorrding to the drawing my customer need to use a huge magnet. 

It is impossible. They do not want to change anything on your application. 

Magnet and sensor must be incide the product. 

And the product must very small ( radius 6,5mm)

0 Likes
Hari

Hi @gonuldemir 

The magnet need not be present along the circumference of the shaft. This can also be placed at the end with the magnetic sensor present orthogonal to it. For example, please see the figure below - 

Hari_0-1644914152106.png

This can be present in a variety of configurations as long as the sensor is not placed directly on the rotational axis. 

Some other valid configurations are - 

Hari_1-1644914217030.png

Hari_2-1644914223007.png

Please let me know if it would be feasible to use any of these configurations for your application. 

Best regards, 
Hari

0 Likes