CYPD 3175 find and limit charging protocols

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AndreManada
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hello, i was wondering is there is any way of knowing what legacy charging protocol the device is using when connected to the CYPD 3175, further more if we have the ability to change the amount of power given to those protocols dynamically like we do with pd contracts.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

There is not an API like what you said that when calling itself which can show the charging protocols.  You could find more details in battery_charging.c

Kieran_Pan_0-1678413378211.png

Best regards,
Kieran

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Kieran_Pan
250 sign-ins 10 likes received First question asked

Hello ,

1. You can use EZ-PD Protocol Analyzer Utility to get the information about the details of PD information.
You can get more information from the following the link:
https://community.infineon.com/t5/USB-EZ-PD-Type-C/Protocol-analyzer-CY4532-EZ-PD-CCG3PA/td-p/136672 

2. If the device is supplied by the power source, you can control the source to change the power given to the those protocols.

Best regards,
Kieran 

0 Likes
AndreManada
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

But is there any way of knowing what type of charging protocol the device is using connected to the CYPD 3175, e.i.

if the device is using BC1.2 or QC or PD at runtime?

0 Likes

Hello,

It depends on which device  the CYPD3175 is used in. If you have the FW, we can get the protocol information from the FW. But the quickest way is to buy a USB power tester( like POWER-Z) which can easily tell you the information about the device.

Best regards,
Kieran

0 Likes

Yes i have access to the FW, in what structure should i look for information about the charging protocol?
In the application that we are developing the CYPD3175 needs to tell the psu what kind of charging protocol it is using when a device is connected, so we cannot use external testers, it needs to be at run time on the field.
Thank you,

0 Likes

Hello,

The structure is in the config.h and you can know the setting from there.

Kieran_Pan_0-1678265628298.png

Best regards,
Kieran

0 Likes

It is not that, i want to know when a device plugs in what protocol it handshakes on, without any external tools. If a powerbank plugs in i want to know that it is using BC 1.2 and when it disconnects and a iphone connects that the CYPD3175 switched to the PD protocol, is that possible from any structure of function call in the code?

0 Likes

Hello,

There is not an API like what you said that when calling itself which can show the charging protocols.  You could find more details in battery_charging.c

Kieran_Pan_0-1678413378211.png

Best regards,
Kieran

0 Likes