2kW Li-ion battery charger

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Jumpstronicam1
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First like given First reply posted

Hi all ,

I am working on Li-ion battery charger and I have gone through the one of manual of 2KW Lead-acid/Li-ion battery charger.

I attached the link for the same. Following are some of my queries regarding the same.

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-Applicationnote_EVAL_2KW_48V_CHAR_P7_2kw_battery_charger_Cool...

1. I want all the magnetic data such as PFC inductor, LLC inductor, main transformer and biased supply transformer how can I get this.

I tries to add the pdf file but there is some tricky so I could not.'

2. When I was looking into the schematic they have used NT1,NT2.....and so on. I tried to find out about these notations I could not find and explanation for the same.

Please help me to sort this out. What are these notations means ???

Waiting for your valuable reply..

Thanks..

0 Likes
1 Solution
Neo_Qin
5 likes given 250 replies posted 250 sign-ins

Hi @Jumpstronicam1 ,

1)Q: I want all the magnetic data such as PFC inductor, LLC inductor, main transformer and biased supply transformer how can I get this.

A: These customized magnetic components are basically introduced in the application note; you can refer to Chapter 7.2.1/7.3.1/7.3.2/7.4.2 of the application note.

If you need more detailed information, we suggest you contact your local vendor/FAE, or submit an application in Infineon case management system.

2. Q:When I was looking into the schematic they have used NT1,NT2.....and so on. I tried to find out about these notations I could not find and explanation for the same.

A: I think they are some kinds of jumper, take NT3 as an example, as shown below.

It seems that NT_x does not appear in the BOM, I cannot give the specific part number.

Neo_Qin_0-1671593189092.png

Regards,

Neo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Neo_Qin
5 likes given 250 replies posted 250 sign-ins

Hi @Jumpstronicam1 ,

1)Q: I want all the magnetic data such as PFC inductor, LLC inductor, main transformer and biased supply transformer how can I get this.

A: These customized magnetic components are basically introduced in the application note; you can refer to Chapter 7.2.1/7.3.1/7.3.2/7.4.2 of the application note.

If you need more detailed information, we suggest you contact your local vendor/FAE, or submit an application in Infineon case management system.

2. Q:When I was looking into the schematic they have used NT1,NT2.....and so on. I tried to find out about these notations I could not find and explanation for the same.

A: I think they are some kinds of jumper, take NT3 as an example, as shown below.

It seems that NT_x does not appear in the BOM, I cannot give the specific part number.

Neo_Qin_0-1671593189092.png

Regards,

Neo

0 Likes

Well thanks for the reply Neo..

How can we submit the case application??

Do I need to raise the query??

While googling I found that NT represents the NET TIE arrangement. Whenever we need to tie more than one net we can use this system which is the property of NET TIE.

So maybe they have also used this.

Thanks Neo and Infineon.....

0 Likes

Hello

How can we submit the case application?? Do I need to raise the query??

Recommend you to go to the Infineon support webpage and try either of the 3 channels(the first 3 in the below pic) other than the Community(the last one in the pic).

Roy_Liu_0-1671675712153.png

Roy Liu