Amazon FreeRTOS Network Interface

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WaLo_3890256
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 questions asked

Hello,

We are using Modus to develop amazon_freertos sdk with PSoC6 CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT kit.

We have implemented "WIFI_Ping" function in "amazon_freertos_az\vendors\Cypress\boards\CY8CKIT_062_WIFI_BT\ports\wifi\iot_wifi.c. We also set #define CY_USE_FREERTOS_TCP 1 to use network connections and FreeRTOS+TCP stack.

Now we can use "FreeRTOS_SendPingRequest" to send ping action, packet transmitted is success but can't get receive packet.

After trace code we found that "eNetworkRxEvent" not implemented in amazon_freertos_az\libraries\freertos_plus\standard\freertos_plus_tcp\source\portable\NetworkInterface\board_family\NetworkInterfece.c.

Could you help to check if CY could handle this event for received a new packet? If you need more information please let me know.

Thanks so much.

BR,

Wayne

0 Likes
1 Reply
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Dear Wayne,

As of now, only LwIP network stack is supported by CY devices. We have not checked or validated the FreeRTOS+TCP stack for the applications that we are developing. Is there any particular reason that you want to use FreeRTOS TCP stack instead of LwIP? Last I checked ICMP was successful when tested with LwIP. Please let me know if you face any difficulty in trying out ping with LwIP.

BR,
RROY