Announcements

Help us improve the Power & Sensing Selection Guide. Share feedback

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PRAVEEN1
Level 1
Level 1
5 likes given First like given 5 questions asked

Hi,

I would like to use 4 groups with 8 channels each, reading ADC through synchronous methods. Could you please help me with this? Is there any reference available for it?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

For GTM and CCU6 trigger ADC, there are some time jitter between ADC groups, so if we really want synchronized conversion for parallel sampling without any delay, please refer to the chapter 30.11

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Kunqiao_L
50 likes received 250 sign-ins First comment on blog

Hi,

You could refer to this to find which 4 groups could work together also with more detail on user manual chapter 30.11

Kunqiao_L_0-1709284161859.png

User manual location(you may need myicp access right) :User Manual Folder 

Anupama_A
50 solutions authored 10 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @PRAVEEN1 ,

Could you please let me know what do you mean by synchronous here? Also, for the available code examples, please refer to this link

Best Regards,

Anupama. 

oldPcSpeakers
Level 5
Level 5
50 sign-ins 50 replies posted 10 solutions authored

Hi, for synchronous reading of ADCs you need a timer that enables you triggering ADC groups (and their kernels if I remember correctly) synchronously. And then from each group one channel can synchronize to that trigger at the same time. But you could use ADC features to trigger sequences so that each subsequent conversions using the rest of the channels in groups are also synchronized. There is at least GTM timer capable of triggering such conversion like seen in user manual GTM chapter 27.22.5 ADC Connections and VADC chapter 30.15.4 Digital Module Connections in the TC27x. GTM module I believe offers you greatest flexibility and most possibilities (since you have many options in how you implement this) in what you are trying to achieve but it is also most complex to use. Could be that also CCU and GPT timers support this please check since they are not so complex to use. By quickly checking at least this example shows you how to trigger ADC with CCU6 and this example will show you how to do it with GTM. Luckily they are both just for your device TC275, but it should not be difficult to port it also to other TC2XX devices or even TC3XX. Or vice versa like with TC375 GTM master slave example since the same concept (master/slave groups or kernels) is available also for TC2XX VADC - check chapter 30.11.1 Synchronized Conversions for Parallel Sampling. And there are even more complex examples like for motor control,... I suggest you to also contact Infineon for any application notes or more complex examples related to your subject. But if you are only starting with this it will take you some time to study how this works and for example modify, expand,... those example in your particular way since your question is very general or to say it otherwise your device is very complex in the sense of possibilities it offers you to achieve this.

For GTM and CCU6 trigger ADC, there are some time jitter between ADC groups, so if we really want synchronized conversion for parallel sampling without any delay, please refer to the chapter 30.11