tc234 disable/enable jtag

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
williamdong
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like given

hi ,

we are using the TC234L, We hope to enable/disable the JTAG function through software.

but we can not found the register which can be configured for enable/disable JTAG in datasheet.

It can only be controlled by TRST, but TRST bit field be modified by hardware .

Is there an option to enable/disable JTAG connection from the user application space?

best william

0 Likes
1 Solution
Di_W
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi william,

Please refer to tc23x_tc22x_um_v1.1.pdf  11.5.5.6 System Wide Effects of Flash Protection 
on below content:

Additionally the customer can configure in UCB_DBG that OCDS or the debug interface are disabled.

dw

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Di_W

Hi Williamdong,

Please refer to PROCONDBG register in tc23x_tc22x_um_v1.1.pdf.

dw

0 Likes

Hi dw,

thank you for your reply.

There are a few more questions, I'd like to ask you about the PROCONDBG register.

In the user manual, this register is read or modified during the SSW phase.  The user's program has not yet been started.  My question is:

1. Can I modify this register in the user program, and if so, when will it take effect? 

2. If I can't modify it in the user program, Which phase or part of the program can change it?

Thank you very much!

best

william

0 Likes
Di_W

Hi william,

Please refer to tc23x_tc22x_um_v1.1.pdf  11.5.5.6 System Wide Effects of Flash Protection 
on below content:

Additionally the customer can configure in UCB_DBG that OCDS or the debug interface are disabled.

dw

Manda3
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First question asked First reply posted

hello, I need help how to turn off read and write protection on tc234.I will be very grateful if someone can help me. mail :dilna1@centrum.cy

0 Likes
Manda3
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First question asked First reply posted

sorry mail is :dilna1@centrum.cz

0 Likes
Di_W

Hi Manda3,

Please start a seperated thread, then we will help you if possible.

dw

0 Likes

hi dw

Still the request above。

You suggest to achieve my purpose by configuring register PROCONDBG,  But as described in the  tc23x_tc22x_um_v1.1.pdf , register PROCONDBG is a rh(read only,change by HW). I also tried to read and write this register through software, but failed。The same situation exists in register FPRO. 3f5cf590b66d1e3773e630a8851a05a.pngecf432edb057371895ed79813c8584b.png

Hope to get your help again, thank you very much!!

BEST

William

0 Likes
Di_W

Please refer to tc23x_tc22x_um_v1.1.pdf  11.5.5.6 System Wide Effects of Flash Protection 

For HSM part, please contact your Infineon representative as this is not public.

For OSTATE.IF_LCK, you should refer to OCDS documents.

For UCB_DBG, it's  used to configure OCDS and debug interface. You should read UCB related part of the TC21x/TC22x/TC23x user manual.

Once you use UCB to configure the debug interface locked, then SSW(startup software) will lock the debug interface.

dw

0 Likes