"Install Breakpoint Error" window pops up while trying to debug using miniWiggler

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Sneha24
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hi all, I have to flash code using the DAP via miniwiggler on a custom board.

For this I created an Aurix Project. I made no changes to the code, the project only contains empty Cpu0_Main.c and other basic files with the basic, autogenerated code. Nothing added/removed by me.

Yet, while trying to debug, the following error appears:

Sneha24_0-1694520156189.png

But I haven't added any breakpoint yet. (I will require to use breakpoints in future though.)

On terminating the debug session, another error follows

Sneha24_1-1694520307975.png

Is there a fix?

I am using ADS v1.9.8 and DAS/TAS v8. Miniwiggler LEDs are responding properly and the scanner software shows the target is properly detected.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anupama_A
50 solutions authored 10 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @Sneha24 , 

Can you please try debugging while running DAS in the background and see if you still face the same issue as DAS must be running in background if you're debugging with miniwiggler?

Best regards, 

Anupama. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anupama_A

Hi @Sneha24 , 

Could you try restarting the IDE once and check if it still gives the same error?

Best regards, 
Anupama. 

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply @Anupama_A , yes I have tried restarting the IDE. I also created a new project, tried it on a different laptop as well (ADS v1.9.4).

Breakpoints are simply not working.

0 Likes

Hello @Anupama_A, I'm awaiting some response from your side. Is there anything I can do to get the breakpoints working? Now even the live expressions aren't visible during debug.

Does this have anything to do with MCD or DAS softwares? 

Additionally, could you please clarify if the DAS software should be running while I'm debugging using miniwiggler/DAP?

Thanks and Regards.

0 Likes
Anupama_A

Hi @Sneha24 , 

Can you please try debugging while running DAS in the background and see if you still face the same issue as DAS must be running in background if you're debugging with miniwiggler?

Best regards, 

Anupama. 

0 Likes

Hi @Anupama_A, I understand that DAS, memtool and Aurix cannot run simultaneously as all three try to access the hardware together. So I closed the DAS while using ADS and yet face the same issue.

Regards.

0 Likes