ltc F009: internal error: size of data appears to be too larg

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
peijun
Level 1
Level 1
First like given 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hello sir

i got a error like this when using aurix devemelment studio V1.5.4.   seems my bulit file is too big.

can you tell me how to aovide it. or the tool  can't support.

0 Likes
9 Replies
KB
10 solutions authored 50 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hi Peijun,

Could you share the screenshot of the error message that is being displayed in AURIX development studio console/Problem View ?

And also can you share the below information in detail:

1. Name of the AURIX variant that you have selected.

2. Name of the example code being used and the changes you made which resulted in this error.

Regards,
KB

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
peijun
Level 1
Level 1

Hello KB

thanks your reply, i am working on TC35 , and the code not from any example code.

the error screenshot was attached,  i found that the Reserved  size is out of range, eg:  mpe:tc0:csa have a value like 0xffff8974(much big then total value).     can you help to send me some suggestion how to check and solved it.   i guess there should have some space define in lsl file which insided tool.

0 Likes
KB

Hi Peijun,

The space for CSAs of all the Cores are reserved in linker file under sections "csa_tcx" where x = Core number 0,1,2..
In the linker file present in iLLDs you can find CSAs(of size 8k) being reserved in format such as below:

group (align = 64, attributes=rw, run_addr=mem:dsram0[LCF_CSA0_OFFSET])
reserved "csa_tc0" (size = LCF_CSA0_SIZE);
"__CSA0":= "_lc_ub_csa_tc0";
"__CSA0_END":= "_lc_ue_csa_tc0";

These sections are usually reserved in Data Scratch-Pad Ram of respective cores. Could you verify if these sections are being placed in Data Scratch-Pad Ram of respective cores(refer map/linker file)?
Along with that could you also verify if the mpe:vtc:linear is not taking up space greater than the available physical memory(Check if "Native Rom/Ram used" are within available memory)?
Is it possible for you to share the complete generated map/linker file?

Regards,
KB

lock attach
peijun
Level 1
Level 1

hello KB

thanks your reply.  

1.   i make a check on my project on CSA,  the attached picture show that the csa reloate well for all 3 core,  and there is free ram on all 3 cores,  but why the Reserved one is so much big. the value itsleft  is quiet abnormal, i want to know why the reserved value will becase so abnormal. 

2.   if i try to locate a biger file into a small space, there will be error to show that there is no space ,  howerver, there is no such error during linking .

3. the link result is show size of data is too large,   can you check and reply whether the tool have size limitation . 

thanks 

0 Likes
lock attach
peijun
Level 1
Level 1

add csa section locate result

0 Likes
peijun
Level 1
Level 1

hello KB

I found follow information in map file,  can you tell me how to setup and make  recursive as  "No"

further more, i am confuse why there i no stack use information for other 2 stacks which defined in TC35.LSL

* Estimated stack usage
========================
+-------------------------+
| Stack Name | Used |
|=========================|
| ustack_tc0 | 0x00002440 |
|-------------------------|
| recursive | yes |
+-------------------------+

0 Likes
KB

Hi Peijun,

To make recursive as "no", you will have to identify recursive function being used in you application and remove it. You can identify the recursive
functions by enabling "Include Call Graph information" option in map file setting and then in the generated map file search for "Call Graph" and check functions marked with *R.

CallGraph_Setting.JPGRecursiveFunction_Identification_Using_MapFile.JPG

Regarding the second part of your question,
Could you verify in function __CoreX_start, (where X = 1 or 2 etc)
if you are passing the correct stack address in the macro "Ifx_Ssw_setAddressReg" ?

Also could you let me know  if you are declaring the stacks in .lsl file in the following way or is it different ?
section_setup :vtc:linear
{
stack "ustack_tc0" (min_size = 1k, fixed, align = 8);
stack "istack_tc0" (min_size = 1k, fixed, align = 8);
stack "ustack_tc1" (min_size = 1k, fixed, align = 8);
stack "istack_tc1" (min_size = 1k, fixed, align = 8);
stack "ustack_tc2" (min_size = 1k, fixed, align = 8);
stack "istack_tc2" (min_size = 1k, fixed, align = 8);
}

Regards,
KB

0 Likes
peijun
Level 1
Level 1

HI 

1. stack address is correct

2.  the stacts declaring stytle is same,  but  for tc0:linear. tc1:linear tc2:linear sperate,  not all in vtc:linear. , and i also ust them separate.

can you help to tell me why the locate result only show stack use in ustack_tc0?  i think it should 6 total 

ustack_tc0 | 0x00002440 |

0 Likes
KB

Hi Peijun,

I think the problem is with the tool.

As Aurix_development_studio doesn't support TC35 devices yet, that may be the reason for such unexpected errors.

Regards,

KB

0 Likes