license error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
riceu
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!
Hi All,

I am trying to use the shieldbuddy 275 with the arduino IDE. Ive followed this guide:

Unfortunately nothing compiles in the Arduino IDE and I get the license error from below. Ive tried adding the license to different locations but to no avail. Nothing has worked. Has anyone experienced this, and if so, does anyone have any helpful tips on how to resolve this?
Thank you,

Ric

Error with products query: No error
license check: No valid license!
------------------------------ Debug Log ---------------------------------------
Product: tricore-free-gcc
Version: 2019.06
BaseVer: 4.9.4
Retries: 0
LicDir: c:\hightec\toolchains\tricore\v4.9.3.0-infineon-1.0\bin\../lib/gcc/tricore/4.9.4/../../../../licenses
Checks: 170
Initializing RLM wih license location 'c:\hightec\toolchains\tricore\v4.9.3.0-infineon-1.0\bin\../lib/gcc/tricore/4.9.4/../../../../licenses'...success
License check failed

sketch\BareMinimum.ino.cpp:1:0: error: error in licenser
#include <Arduino.h>
^
sketch\BareMinimum.ino.cpp:1:0: error: license check failed
exit status 1
Error compiling for board ShieldBuddyTC275_Dx.

0 Likes
1 Solution
JorgeMP
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First reply posted Welcome!

Hello Riceu,

I solved it in the following way. My laptop has two cards for internet connection (LAN and WIFI, each one with respective MAC), the license that I had associated to the LAN card was expired, in this case I generated a new license with the MAC of t WIFI card and I got another 365 days more.

I hope this helps you in some way :).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
JorgeMP
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First reply posted Welcome!

Hello Riceu,

I solved it in the following way. My laptop has two cards for internet connection (LAN and WIFI, each one with respective MAC), the license that I had associated to the LAN card was expired, in this case I generated a new license with the MAC of t WIFI card and I got another 365 days more.

I hope this helps you in some way :).

0 Likes
riceu
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

JorgeMP,

Thanks for your response! So I resolved my issue as as well. It turns out I copied the license as .txt file, as opposed to a .lic file. Stupidly simple and the first thing I should have checked. Don't let it happen to you kids!

RICEU

0 Likes