how to enable pms and hsm over/under voltage measurement

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
aurther
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hello,

I can see that to enable die temperature sensor measurement we can enable it with by setting

"MODULE_SCU.DTSCLIM.B.EN" to 1.

Similarly, how to set pms and hsm voltage measurement enable to 1, or no needs to be set and automatic measurement is done and just we need to check the smu alarm9 if any errors occur?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Di_W
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Dear aurther,

For HSM.VDD VDDP3 VEXT,

ALM9[17] indicates Under voltage , ALM9[16] indicates Over Voltage

For PMS.VDD VDDPD VDDP3 VDDM VEXT VEVRSB

ALM9[3] indicates Over voltage ,ALM[5] indicates Under voltage,ALM9[15] indicates Short to Low/High   

ALM9[0] [1] indicates Die Temp Sensor Overflow/Underflow

Die Temp Sensor is available after an application reset release, and temp measurements are carried out during normal RUN/SLEEP modes once DTSC is enabled.

For Supply Voltage monitoring, primary monitor ensures the MCU put into cold PORST when lowest operational voltage cannot meet. Secondary monitor gives additional monitor for over- and under-voltage alarms for supply rails.

RUN or SLEEP mode the primary and secondary will be ON and STANDBY mode depends.

Please refer to AURIXTC3XX_um_part1_v2.0.pdf page 842

Regards,

dw

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

primary and secondary voltage monitoring is always ON except in STANDBY mode, then all secondary voltage monitors are OFF, please see also table 290 (voltage monitoring) in the user manual

Di_W

Dear aurther,

For HSM.VDD VDDP3 VEXT,

ALM9[17] indicates Under voltage , ALM9[16] indicates Over Voltage

For PMS.VDD VDDPD VDDP3 VDDM VEXT VEVRSB

ALM9[3] indicates Over voltage ,ALM[5] indicates Under voltage,ALM9[15] indicates Short to Low/High   

ALM9[0] [1] indicates Die Temp Sensor Overflow/Underflow

Die Temp Sensor is available after an application reset release, and temp measurements are carried out during normal RUN/SLEEP modes once DTSC is enabled.

For Supply Voltage monitoring, primary monitor ensures the MCU put into cold PORST when lowest operational voltage cannot meet. Secondary monitor gives additional monitor for over- and under-voltage alarms for supply rails.

RUN or SLEEP mode the primary and secondary will be ON and STANDBY mode depends.

Please refer to AURIXTC3XX_um_part1_v2.0.pdf page 842

Regards,

dw

aurther
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

can you please tell me one  thing.

eg. for mtu alarms, I set CPU0 DLMU to high in the debugger and i can see that the smu alarm0[10] is raised. similarly, whats the method for PMS voltage. I can see registers in PMs module, but they r all read only.

I want to set any of the reg to high and check corresponding smu alarm. How can i do that?

0 Likes
Di_W

Hi aurther,

For errors from SRAM/SSH, MTU(Memory test unit) will forward to SMU(Safety management unit).

For PMS(Power Management System) voltage alarm which is READONLY, you could simulate low voltage on corresponding power pins  just for test purpose. 

dw