generated bin

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
xiha_4819631
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

hi friend,

how to generated bin file with Tasking compiler , it trouble me tow day.

Thank you in advance

Regards

Sea

0 Likes
1 Solution
User13836
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 sign-ins

The TASKING TriCore tools do not support the generation of a biniary output file. You can consider to use a 3rd party tool like SRecord (http://srecord.sourceforge.net) to convert the generated HEX file into a binary file.

Best regards,
Ulrich Kloidt

TASKING tools support

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6
25 solutions authored 25 likes received 5 questions asked

Hi,

as I remember it's just a click inside the preferences.

Best regards,

TBencher

0 Likes

Hi,

thank your reply.

i try click project->properties ,i think may be it can set in this  page

1660009264665.png

it only can generate hex,but i want a bin file.

can you teach me how to do it ?

Best regards

sea

0 Likes

Click on the Linker in the Tool Settings tree and there should be a Command line pattern (or something like this). Check how it change when Generate Intel Hex format file is checked and unchecked. It will help you to add there additional command. If you will find it difficult post it here.

0 Likes
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Waldi,

ok please be a little bit more precise. Which pattern should be in there?
In other words, do we have the possibility to generate *.bin files with VX-Toolset
or not?

Best regards,

TBencher

0 Likes
Waldi
Level 4
Level 4
5 solutions authored 10 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi,

For the Aurix Development Studio in the Command line pattern you can find:

${COMMAND} -lrt -lfp_fpu -lcs_fpu ${FLAGS} ${OUTPUT_FLAG}"${BuildArtifactFileBaseName}.elf" -Wl${OUTPUT_FLAG}"${BuildArtifactFileBaseName}.hex:IHEX" --lsl-core=vtc --lsl-file=../Lcf_Tasking_Tricore_Tc.lsl ${INPUTS}

For other tools based on the Eclipse there is something similar. I don't have VX-Toolset to check. In the picture above you clicked Output format so now click Linker.

Sometimes building a hex is located in the Build Steps -> Post Build Steps

0 Likes

HI,

1、As you have said,i find the Command line pattern,the hex file generated in here ,i try to change the cmmand to generate bin file ,but  not ok 

${COMMAND} -lrt -lfp_fpu -lcs_fpu ${FLAGS} ${OUTPUT_FLAG}"${BuildArtifactFileBaseName}.elf" -Wl${OUTPUT_FLAG}"${BuildArtifactFileBaseName}.bin:Binary" --lsl-core=vtc --lsl-file=../Lcf_Tasking_Tricore_Tc.lsl ${INPUTS}

and i try to find the ADS document,but i only download   the "VX-toolset for AURIX Development Studio User Guide limited"it have any help. do you know the cmmand about generate bin file in the  Command line pattern.

2、i find a tool "srec_cat.exe", place this soft in your tasking installation path,it can set some  cmmdand in the Build Steps -> Post Build Steps.now ,i am try to input cmmdand , but have no more document ,so hard,it trouble me.

Best regards,

sea

0 Likes

Please try:

${COMMAND} -lrt -lfp_fpu -lcs_fpu ${FLAGS} ${OUTPUT_FLAG}"${BuildArtifactFileBaseName}.elf" -Wl${OUTPUT_FLAG}"${BuildArtifactFileBaseName}.bin:BIN" --lsl-core=vtc --lsl-file=../Lcf_Tasking_Tricore_Tc.lsl ${INPUTS}

hi,

thanks your  reply ,

i try your cmd ,the result is 

1660137177913.png

the bin file is so large ,2009Kbyte.i think ,may be  the offest addr err, but this way is ok.

Best regards,

sea

0 Likes
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I finally did not find any conversion tools in VX-Toolset provided by TASKING for this, unfortunately.

Best regards,

TBencher

0 Likes
User13836
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 sign-ins

The TASKING TriCore tools do not support the generation of a biniary output file. You can consider to use a 3rd party tool like SRecord (http://srecord.sourceforge.net) to convert the generated HEX file into a binary file.

Best regards,
Ulrich Kloidt

TASKING tools support

0 Likes