Writing to rwh registers

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Jayanth
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 10 sign-ins First reply posted

I am using TC275 lite kit. I want to write a EN bit in GLOBALCON which is rwh. Is it possible to write directly to that bit?

Also, will it cause any effect to the microcontroller if I write by disabling  ENDINIT safety protection?

Is there any other way to set EN bit without disabling ENDINIT safety protection?

Jayanth_0-1686535903656.png

Jayanth_1-1686535955710.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Meet_T
25 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi @Jayanth ,

You can write to the EN bit directly if you are in Supervisor mode, also there is no need to clear the Endinit in this case because it is not an Endinit protected register. You can refer to Table 19-2 Registers overview on page 1827 of the user manual where the write access protection for GLOBALCON is mentioned.

Best Regards,

Meet.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Meet_T
25 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi @Jayanth ,

You can write to the EN bit directly if you are in Supervisor mode, also there is no need to clear the Endinit in this case because it is not an Endinit protected register. You can refer to Table 19-2 Registers overview on page 1827 of the user manual where the write access protection for GLOBALCON is mentioned.

Best Regards,

Meet.

0 Likes