Writing to MSC OCS register without debugger causing reset

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Snehal
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi community,

We are using TC389 controller and writing 0 to MSC OCS register during initialization. With debugger there is no issue with this and software runs fine. Without debugger we run into reset.

Does writing OCS register in the absence of debugger cause reset?
Is OCDS enabled with Lauterbach and disabled in the absence of debugger implicitly or is it disabled by default and needs to be enabled in software?

Can anyone help me with these questions?

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Prudhvi_E
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hello,

The writing of MSC OCS register is possible only when OCDS is enabled. Please see the description from the UM below:

Prudhvi_0-1677771319935.png

Regards,

Prudhvi.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Prudhvi_E

Hello,

The writing of MSC OCS register is possible only when OCDS is enabled. Please see the description from the UM below:

Prudhvi_0-1677771319935.png

Regards,

Prudhvi.

0 Likes

Thank you for the response, Prudhvi.

I understand that OCS can only be written when OCDS is enabled but we have another project that uses TC27x where writing to OCS in the absence of debugger doesn't cause reset. What I am trying to understand is why is the behavior different for TC3xx.

Another thing that I want to understand is, is there a way to enable OCDS in the absence of debugger? 

0 Likes
Prudhvi_E

Hi,

Please check if the context is in Supervisor mode or not before accessing the register. Also, please clarify why so you want to enable OCDS in the absence of debugger? What is the use case for that?

Regards,

Prudhvi.

0 Likes