Writes to ASCLIN2 txData deactivates GETH on TC375 Lite Kits V2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaxMax
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First reply posted First question asked

Hi,

I am new to developing with AURIX MCUs and tried to build a small application that reads data from a SPI Slave and Communicates to a PC via Ethernet. I've managed to get the examples for SPI over ASCLIN and the Ethernet example based on LwIP running fine.

Now I've ported the example into a new application with Core 0 handeling the SPI via ASCLIN2 and the Ethernet Echo example running on Core 2. For SPI Baudrates above 8.4Mbit/s this works perfectly fine, however for slower Baudrates the Ethernet is not responding and the LED on the Connector stays off. It seems like the instruction txData->U = *data++; of the Methode IfxAsclin_write8 causes this behaviour.

Does anyone has a Idea what could cause this? From my limited understanding of the Architecture, the use of the SPB should be the only intersection between Core 0 running SPI and Core 2 managing the GETH and using the debugger shows that the arbiter should use a round robin scheme to manage transfers.

Thanks for your help!

Max

0 Likes
1 Solution
MaxMax
Level 1
Level 1

Problem Solved! P33.7 was designated as SCLK and is connected to the power down pin of the Ethernet Transceiver on the Lite Kit. A more clear hint about pin incompatibilitys in the used manual would be appriciated. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
MaxMax
Level 1
Level 1

Problem Solved! P33.7 was designated as SCLK and is connected to the power down pin of the Ethernet Transceiver on the Lite Kit. A more clear hint about pin incompatibilitys in the used manual would be appriciated. 

0 Likes