Write sequence to the TC399 DFLASH1 with HSM enabled

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BT10
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins First reply posted 5 sign-ins

I want to write/store some data(about 256 Bytes) in Dflash1 like persistent store like EEPROM. How many write numbers will be allowed if HSM is enabled? I will be writing quite often. Does HSM play a role in writing to Dflash1? I am not planning to make Dflash1 as HSM-Exclusive.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yuva
250 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hello,

I think you can make PROCONHSMCFG.HSMDX as 0 and do operation from Tricore host. Host Command Sequence Interpreter is separate from HSM Command Sequence Interpreter and performed operations independently.  So, it is possible to do operations on DFlash1 without restriction, you can refer to 6.5.4.2.2 in the UM part 1 for additional details. 

Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Yuva
250 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hello,

I think you can make PROCONHSMCFG.HSMDX as 0 and do operation from Tricore host. Host Command Sequence Interpreter is separate from HSM Command Sequence Interpreter and performed operations independently.  So, it is possible to do operations on DFlash1 without restriction, you can refer to 6.5.4.2.2 in the UM part 1 for additional details. 

Thanks.

BT10
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins First reply posted 5 sign-ins

@Yuva Thank you for the reply. I was not sure on which CSI to follow if HSM is enabled to program the DFlash1. Thank you for pointing me to the UM details. 

0 Likes