Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
abulFzl
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 10 sign-ins First like given

Hi,

I am facing one scenario.

I have an ECU with TC397 , I have configured the UCB_PFLASH for read/write protection & UCB_DBG for enabling secure debug.  While flashing through Tace32 I unlock the secure debug with KEYCODE & disable the flash protection after UNLOCKING the PFLASH0. Flashing through trace32 gets successful.

However, when I remove the jtag and try to reprogram the software present in the PFLASH0 using UDS over CAN, reprogramming fails in Routine erase.

When I disable the pflash protection and try to reprogram , reprogramming works fine.

Does this mean that I can't erase the protected pflash and hence the reprogramming won't work (using UDS over CAN) ?

Can someone please help me to understand this?

I am trying to achieve Usecase2 of AP32399_AURIX™_TC3xx_Debug_protection_(with_HSM)_v1.3.0.pdf.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
MoD
Employee
Employee
10 likes given 50 likes received 500 replies posted

When you configure the PFLASH write protection then you can't erase or program the pflash if you don't disable the write protection temporarily before erase/program. Please see command disable protection (Command Sequences for Flash Control) for temporarily disable the protection of specific UCB. Previously programmed password of the UCB must be known.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MoD
Employee
Employee
10 likes given 50 likes received 500 replies posted

When you configure the PFLASH write protection then you can't erase or program the pflash if you don't disable the write protection temporarily before erase/program. Please see command disable protection (Command Sequences for Flash Control) for temporarily disable the protection of specific UCB. Previously programmed password of the UCB must be known.