Which Evaluation Board to use for my application

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
hassna
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello, I hope you are doing well.

I am new with programming Aurix Infineon Technologies MCUs and I am confused which Evaluation Board to use.

I have a simple application that requires to read Data with CAN Bus communication, control a relay, some LEDs and buttons. Also use the Display and the Beeper for notification. I make a research about existing Evaluation Boards and I could not decide yet  which one to choose. I found from:

TC2xx ==> KITAURIXTC224TFTTOBO1, KITAURIXTC234TFTTOBO1, KITAURIXTC237TFTTOBO1, KITAURIXTC265TFTTOBO1, KITAURIXTC267TFTTOBO1, KITAURIXTC277TFTTOBO1, KIT_AURIX_TC297_TFT

TC3xx ==> KITA2GTC3873V3TFTTOBO1, KITA2GTC3875VTFTTOBO1, KITA2GTC3973V3TFTTOBO1, KITA2GTC3873V3TFTTOBO1, KITA2GTC3775VTFTTOBO1, KITA2GTC3675VTFTTOBO1, KITA2GTC3975VTFTTOBO1

I would really appreciate it if you can help me to choose according to your experience and use of those Boards.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards.

Hassna

0 Likes
1 Solution
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6
25 solutions authored 25 likes received 5 questions asked

Hi Hassna,

sorry for late response. You can take all absolute maximum ratings out of the data sheet.
e.g. 

Input current on any digital pin during overload condition: -5 ... 5 mA  except LVDS Pin (-3 ... 3mA)

Best regards,

TBencher

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Hassna,

I would suggest you to look inside the Microcontroller Pocket Guide, which is available from Infineon's website, first.
Here you can see which MCU matches best for your application. Once you have decided which MCU to go with, you can come back and I will recommend you a matching Evaluation Board. In terms of Display, you should give more details.

Best regards,

TBencher

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello TBencher,  hope you are doing well.

Thank you for your feedback.

I took a look on the Microcontroller pocket guide from Infineon Technologies website.

Generally, I do need to monitor LEDs, Buttons (=> GPIO), display some messages to the user + a beeper for notification (=> LCD + Beeper that are already included on the board) and CAN Communication (=> I need a to receive data from another device using CAN 2.0). For that, I am convinced that Aurix family meets my needs . I can say whether TC2x or TC3x does not  have an impact because the difference is on the flash memory capacity and the Ethernet (Please check the screenshot attached).

For the display, I have checked different Boards and it seems to me that the boards have the same display size, please correct me if I am wrong. For the display, I need to print the time, the date, some parameters with their units ( Temperature, current, ...) and some messages to the user like:

- "Device connected", - "Press the Start Button", - .....

I would like also to know if I can connect a printer to the MCU in order to print a label with the date, time and some parameters before disconnecting the device.  

Kind regards.

Hassna

0 Likes
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Hassna,

I suppose you wanna use this board only for evaluation purposes. One thing you should be aware of is the display which is not directly served from the Aurix side. There is also a CPLD involved. I think your setup is quite small, so you could start with the KIT_A2G_TC357TA_3V3_TFT kit. Here you have 3.3V logic level. If it turns out that your Application needs even less performance, you could downscale your design by just choosing a smaller MCU for the final design.  The question whether to use TC2XX or TC3XX is very easy to answer. If you start with a new design, always take the current version, which is in this case the TC3XX.

Best regards,

TBencher

0 Likes

Hello TBencher,  

Yes, it is for evaluation purposes.

I still have a question regarding the existing boards: do these boards need a cooling system while are in use? Or there are any constraints that should be taken into account wile designing a housing for the Evaluation Boards? 

Kind regards.

Hassna

0 Likes
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Hassna,

normally no, but I think it depends in which climate zone you wanna use it and of course how many modules you are running on your TC. If you put some air in- and outlets into your housing, you'll be fine.

Best regards,

TBencher

0 Likes

Hello TBencher,  

I still have a question regarding the output of GPIO pin: what is the maximum current that can be delivered on a normal Input/ Output pin?

Kind regards.

Hassna

0 Likes
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Hassna,

sorry for late response. You can take all absolute maximum ratings out of the data sheet.
e.g. 

Input current on any digital pin during overload condition: -5 ... 5 mA  except LVDS Pin (-3 ... 3mA)

Best regards,

TBencher

0 Likes