What is the “automotive level” parameter configuration ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User18151
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First solution authored
Hi all,

In the iLLD and MCAL software code, GPIOs have an “automotive level” parameter configuration but I cannot find any descriptions in the user manual. What and where it is?

Kind regards,
Christine

#8042000 13176
0 Likes
4 Replies
User18237
Level 5
Level 5
First solution authored First like received
Hi Christine,

The Automotive level or AL is a standard CMOS level with extended low level range, The official AL voltage levels can be found in the device datasheet. Main motivation for the extend low level range is a greater robustness for ground bouncing, noise in harsh automotive environments.

Best regards,
Mr. AURIX™
0 Likes

Hi,

May I know the Automotive voltage level in TC387 and TC389 please.

In my case am trying to run a TC389 SPI code in TC387 board. The expected SPI CLK output voltage is 5V but am getting around 3V.

Is there any port configuration or register I can check ?

0 Likes
cwunder
Employee
Employee
100 solutions authored 5 likes given 50 likes received

The "automotive level" refers to the input voltage thresholds (VIH and VIL).

For the output voltage high (VOH) from the pin depends on its supply voltage and RDSONx value. Most GPIO pins are supplied from VEXT however depending on the port you are using this could also be VEVRSB or VFLEX. 

You need to check what your power supply is providing to these AURIX pin supplies. 

@cwunder  Thanks for your reply.

I checked the power supply to the pins and we had to enable another pin for getting the 5V .

Now its working fine.

0 Likes