What are the differences between an Infineon MC-ISAR product and iLLD?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User18303
Level 2
Level 2
Hi AURIX community,

What are the differences between an Infineon MC-ISAR product and iLLD?

Thank you!
Regards
Lina

#8042000 13349
0 Likes
8 Replies
User18237
Level 5
Level 5
First solution authored First like received
Hi Lina,

Infineon offer both MC-ISAR Product, the AUTOSAR compliant MCAL, and Low Level Driver (iLLD) package. Although both MC-ISAR and iLLD are considered to be low level drivers abstracting parts of the hardware layer, the former is AUTOSAR compliant and undergoes validation, while the latter is offered without validation and any liability responsibility, and it is not developed according to AUTOSAR standards. Furthermore, Infineon iLLD is free-of-charge, while MC-ISAR product is not.

Best regards

Mr. AURIX™
0 Likes
User18504
Level 3
Level 3
Hello Mr.AURIX, I have a question related to MC-ISAR and iLLD.
I see that iLLD has for some module some additional functionality that is not included in the MC-ISAR, for example for the CCU6 in the iLLD there are the PwmHl functions that make it
quite easy to implement PWMs for driving MOSFET for inverters, but there is no such an implementation in MC-ISAR.
In this case, is it possible to take the implementation from iLLD?
Is there any guide for integrating iLLD together with MC-ISAR or how should this be done, as the structure for the iLLD and the MC-ISAR is totally different for CCU6 for example.
0 Likes
NeMa_4793301
Level 6
Level 6
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored
The Infineon MCAL only includes the components defined by AUTOSAR. The iLLD includes code for nearly every AURIX peripheral.

I wouldn't attempt integrating MCAL and iLLD for the same peripheral (e.g., GTM PWM). Including an iLLD component is otherwise easy.
0 Likes
User18504
Level 3
Level 3
Ok, thanks for the answer, then if I want to implement PwmHl as it is done in the iLLD but keep the MC-ISAR how should I do it?
The obvious way would be to copy the iLLD files for PwmHl and interface them with the MC-ISAR somehow without redefining the configuration for the PWM in 2 places?
0 Likes
NeMa_4793301
Level 6
Level 6
This type of iLLD / MCAL hack is a common question, but of course there's no blanket answer. The configuration would have to be defined twice, and you'd have to dive into the MCAL source code to make sure there weren't hidden dependencies between interrupts, etc. Tricky business.
0 Likes
User18504
Level 3
Level 3
Thanks for the answer.
If my application sw is not AUTOSAR but I will use the MCAL ISAR in the hope that in the future the application will be also AUTOSAR, what is then a good solution to integrate the PwmHl?
0 Likes
NeMa_4793301
Level 6
Level 6
Hi bbogdanmircea. In my personal opinion, you should just incorporate the iLLD as-is, and switch to the AUTOSAR PWM driver when the time comes. You could take on the task of creating an AUTOSAR-compatible PWM API and translate that to iLLD, but that would be a Herculean effort when you're going to end up paying for the MCAL anyway.
0 Likes
User18504
Level 3
Level 3
Just let me know if I understood this correctly: I should disable the PWM driver from the MCAL and integrate the iLLD for PWM together with the PWMHl?
Currently I have both of them both active, I could compile and test the PWMHl without any problems, as I will use only the PWMHl and no other PWM functionality for MCAL.
Anyway I will double check if disabling the PWM in MCAL will not totally break the setup.
Now I see in MCAL that there is a reference in Mcu/Ccu to the Ccu60 and Ccu61 which I think are used also by the PwmHl in the iLLD.
I wonder what happens if the the Ccu in the Mcal is not synced to what is done in the PwmHl ...
I see that there is a possibility that Ccu60 is used by the ADC Driver with T12 or T13 Clk, is this for triggering ADC sampling synced with the PWMHl?
0 Likes