What are the differences and connections between SRI Transaction ID and Master Tag ID?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
oneday
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 likes given

Hi experts:

I am not sure what that means "The MCI number is completely separate from the Master Tag(s) generated from the SRI Master connected to that MCI. However, the set of Master Tags presented by a specific MCI is fixed for a given device."

Could you help to make some additions and explanations?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Prudhvi_E
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hello,

My understanding is you wanted to know the difference between MCI number and Master TAG. Please correct me if wrong.

The MCI number associated to each master is basically to map it to the registers.

For ex: In TC39xA, MCI0 is associated with HSSL0 and in TC39xB, MCI0 is associated with GETH as shown below:

Prudhvi_1-1671022567440.png

However, the TAG Ids as mentioned in the section "Table 85 On Chip Bus Master TAG Assignments" are fixed and not differ as above.

Regards,

Prudhvi.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Prudhvi_E
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hello,

My understanding is you wanted to know the difference between MCI number and Master TAG. Please correct me if wrong.

The MCI number associated to each master is basically to map it to the registers.

For ex: In TC39xA, MCI0 is associated with HSSL0 and in TC39xB, MCI0 is associated with GETH as shown below:

Prudhvi_1-1671022567440.png

However, the TAG Ids as mentioned in the section "Table 85 On Chip Bus Master TAG Assignments" are fixed and not differ as above.

Regards,

Prudhvi.

0 Likes