Using the ABM mode for TC397 chip

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User18665
Level 3
Level 3
Hi All,
How can I use ABM mode for TC397 chip? I found ABMHD description in docs, but I didn't find any ABMHD location description in the chip address space.
0 Likes
5 Replies
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
The ABMHD can be located in any place of the device. It is no specific location reserved for this header. The BMHD STAD must contain the start address of the ABMHD in case of ABM is selected as boot mode. If ABM is selected then the firmware looks at this address for the ABMHD.
0 Likes
User18665
Level 3
Level 3
Does SSW perform BMHD valiation in case of ABM mode selected, or only ABMHD? How SSW recognize active BMHD STAD in case of few BMHDs were programmed?
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
The SSW perform always BMHD validation by this sequence BMHD0 -> BMHD1 -> BMHD2 -> BMHD3. If the SSW found a valid BMHD then this BMHD is used, e.g. if all BMHD are valid then always BMHD0 is used. BMHD1 is only used when when BMHD0 is invalid and BMHD1 valid. Same for BHMD2, BMHD2 is only used when BMHD2 is valid and BMHD0 and BMHD1 are invalid.
If the BMI is set to ABM in the first valid BMHD or when the HWCFG3 is 0 and HWCFG4/5 are set to ABM then the SSW use this BMHD STAD as address to the ABMHD.
0 Likes
User18665
Level 3
Level 3
MoD wrote:
The SSW perform always BMHD validation by this sequence BMHD0 -> BMHD1 -> BMHD2 -> BMHD3. If the SSW found a valid BMHD then this BMHD is used, e.g. if all BMHD are valid then always BMHD0 is used. BMHD1 is only used when when BMHD0 is invalid and BMHD1 valid. Same for BHMD2, BMHD2 is only used when BMHD2 is valid and BMHD0 and BMHD1 are invalid.
If the BMI is set to ABM in the first valid BMHD or when the HWCFG3 is 0 and HWCFG4/5 are set to ABM then the SSW use this BMHD STAD as address to the ABMHD.

I see...Thanks a lot!
0 Likes
User22447
Level 1
Level 1
First like given 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Hello,

I configured BMHD0 for ABM mode. But how the CRC is calculated for the ABMHD structure? I have follow the same process of calculating CRC for BMHD. 

0xA0000000, -> STADABM
0xFA7CB359,-> ABMDID
0xA0000000,->CHKSTART
0xA0002FFF,->CHKEND
0x00000000,->CRCRange  -> Does this CRC need to be calculated of between CHKSTART and CHKEND of actual code?
0x00000000,->CRCRange_Inv
0x3E04FB25,->CRCABM
0xC1FB04DA->CRCABM_Inv

Please correct me if I am missing something.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sagar

0 Likes