Using EMEM for special purpose temporary storage

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Roger_Florida
Level 3
Level 3
5 replies posted 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

I am working on a bootloader for the TC39x and am looking for a large amount of contiguous RAM so that I can download firmware into memory and verify it before flashing it over the existing application.  I am told by our customer that we may only need about 1MB, but I am intrigued that there is 4MB in the EMEM address space.

I am wondering if that EMEM is available for use in this way.  In the bootloader we are not running a normal application so I am not worried about  it being used for ADAS and other things it is there for while we are running in bootloader mode.

I see things about minimum read/write size, SRI, and am also wondering if there is an app note or more information available on accessing it from the TriCore since it does not appear to be accessed like normal memory.

If this is a bad idea and there is a better idea for large contiguous memory I am also interested in that.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Prudhvi_E
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hello,

Please check if your device supports EMEM & if yes, please refer to the sections 21.3.2 (importantly 21.3.2.3) & 21.3.3 in the UM below regarding the unlocking & using the EMEM.

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AURIX_TC3xx_Part1-UserManual-v01_00-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d462712...

Regards,

Prudhvi

0 Likes