Uninitialized RAM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User18757
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked First like received First reply posted
Hi,

I'm looking for a way to view and extract the content of an uninitialized RAM section of an 3xx cpu.

Is the only way to rewrite the UCB with new RAMINSEL values?

And what would be the proper way to do this and what are the pittfalls?

Regards,
Marcus
0 Likes
5 Replies
cwunder
Employee
Employee
5 likes given 50 likes received 50 solutions authored
I am not sure of your intent, almost all of the SRAM on these devices has ECC so reading uninitialized SRAM is not reliable as the ECC bits associated to that SRAM block are also uninitialized. You MUST have a write operation to set the ECC on the SRAM before reading it.
0 Likes
User18757
Level 1
Level 1
cwunder wrote:
I am not sure of your intent, almost all of the SRAM on these devices has ECC so reading uninitialized SRAM is not reliable as the ECC bits associated to that SRAM block are also uninitialized. You MUST have a write operation to set the ECC on the SRAM before reading it.

My intent is to get the uninitialized data to conduct some statistical analysis on it. My idea was also to disable the memory integrity control for e.g. the LMU mem to read the memory without ECC error.
0 Likes
User18757
Level 1
Level 1
Problem solved.
0 Likes

Could you please mention how you could disable ECC on RAM? We would like to read it for random number generation.

User22447
Level 1
Level 1
First like given 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Hi,

Is it necessary to initialize the RAM memory during startup? What if I skip initialization and what is benefit it initialized? 

RAMINSEL[21:16] does it possible to initialize all the core RAM initialization simulteneously?

Thanks,

Sagar

0 Likes