UDS bootloader example

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
bipin_c
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First question asked Welcome!

Hi all,
I am new to the Infineon controller development and i have few questions to start with.

I am using TC212L controller for my project and i want to develop a bootloader that can use UDS protocol to flash the new firmware in the controller.
1)Is there any example code for this?
2)if not, how can i start writing my custom bootloader that jumps to valid application if there any?
3)How can i switch from application code to bootloader code if i get firmware upgrade request on CAN bus?
4)is there any documentation/example code for RAM retention logic?
5)I followed user manual of the controller for memory map but i could not understand it clearly. Is there any documentation that will help me to understand the memory map(where bootloader is kept, where application is kept)?
6)I don't see any UART interface for the mentioned controller. Is there any other way to DEBUG the firmware in future?

Any information related to above queries will be very helpful to get started. Waiting for response.
Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aiswarya_A
25 likes received 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hello, 

We do not have a sample code for bootloader. You could use this Aurix Development Studio based example as a reference. 
In addition to the User Manual, you could also refer to this Appnote for a better understanding. 
For debugging,  we have an on chip debugger.

Kind Regards,
Aiswarya.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Aiswarya_A
25 likes received 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hello, 

We do not have a sample code for bootloader. You could use this Aurix Development Studio based example as a reference. 
In addition to the User Manual, you could also refer to this Appnote for a better understanding. 
For debugging,  we have an on chip debugger.

Kind Regards,
Aiswarya.