Trouble with ESM[SW]:SYS:MCU_FW_CHECK

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User19909
Level 3
Level 3
First like received
Hello, I am having some trouble with the FW Check mechanism.

First, in the table in safety manual indicating which registers to check, there is the part where the safety manual differentiates between initialized and a non initialized ram for the registers in MTU related to the SSH instances, what does initialized and non initialized here means?

Second, in these MTU instances registers some values specifically the FAULT_STS and the ECCD do not match the expected default value from the table, and I supposedly initialize the MTU clock just before starting the FW check, so why would it be initialized with incorrect values?

I hope anyone can help me, thanks!
0 Likes
5 Replies
Darren_Galpin
Employee
Employee
First solution authored First like received
Initialised RAM - you have written something to it so that the ECC values match the contents. Uninitialised means it starts up with everything NULL, so the ECC does not match the contents.
0 Likes
User19909
Level 3
Level 3
First like received
Darren Galpin wrote:
Initialised RAM - you have written something to it so that the ECC values match the contents. Uninitialised means it starts up with everything NULL, so the ECC does not match the contents.

Okay so I understood the part for initialized and uninitialized, but the second question why the ECCD and FAULT_STS would not match the expected values from the safety manual if I have just initialized the mtu just before the FW check, what can go wrong?
0 Likes
Darren_Galpin
Employee
Employee
Please could you share what you are looking at?
0 Likes
User19909
Level 3
Level 3
First like received
Darren Galpin wrote:
Please could you share what you are looking at?

this table is from safety manual, appendix A , TC37X Warm reset part.4577.attach

so basically I enable the MTU clock and then start looping on all the instances ECCD registers and FAULT_STS and compare them with the value extracted from the above table and if its a match the FW_Check passes, however the ECCD and FAULTSTS do not match in multiple instances, not all instances, but a lot of them are not matching nor the initialized neither the non initialized values
0 Likes
Darren_Galpin
Employee
Employee
Could you give a list of the modules in which there is a mismatch? I currently do not have an answer....
0 Likes