Triboard TC3X7 V2.0 always in Reset State

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GordonCat
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 questions asked 5 sign-ins

hello,

I am a new, my triboard tc3x7 V2.0 always in the reset state,and my miniwiggler can't connect it, How can I exit this state,thanks.

GordonCat_0-1639616622957.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Measure the ESR0 signal. If this pin never goes high then the device is bricked, e.g. erasing UCB without programming valid confirmation code or programming invalid settings.

If ESR0 goes to high for some milliseconds then the device found a valid BMHD but the flash program has a problem and a watchdog reset occurs. I guess this is not valid in your case because you can't connect anymore. In this case (ESR0 goes to high) you should be able to connect if it is not blocked via UCB_DBG.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 100 replies posted 5 solutions authored

What do you do before to enter in this condition? (some information might be helpfull :-D)

0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee

Measure the ESR0 signal. If this pin never goes high then the device is bricked, e.g. erasing UCB without programming valid confirmation code or programming invalid settings.

If ESR0 goes to high for some milliseconds then the device found a valid BMHD but the flash program has a problem and a watchdog reset occurs. I guess this is not valid in your case because you can't connect anymore. In this case (ESR0 goes to high) you should be able to connect if it is not blocked via UCB_DBG.

0 Likes
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 100 replies posted 5 solutions authored

Hi MoD

Where is described this behaviour of ESR0 pin during startup?

0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee

ESR0 is the reset output and will follow PORST. As long PORST is active also ESR0 is active. When PORST goes high then a little bit later ESR0 must be go to high also to signaling that the device is going out of reset. Reason that ESR0 is always low are e.g. invalid programming of UCB or ESR0 driven low from outside. ESR0 default behavior description you can find in the user manual chapter 9.1.4 External Reset Sources and Indications

0 Likes
GordonCat
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 questions asked 5 sign-ins

Thank you for your reply, I will try again, I think it should be bricked.

0 Likes