Tresos 28.0.0 and WD

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
LucaOlivero
Level 1
Level 1
First like given 5 replies posted First reply posted

Hi all,

I am a newbie with Tresos, I downloaded the 28.0.0 demo and I am trying to add the WdgIfDevice.

I don't know which driver I have to use. The drop down menu doesn't show anything.

Could someone help me?

Thank in advance

Luca

0 Likes
13 Replies
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 100 replies posted 5 solutions authored

This is a question to EB I suppose, it seems not related to the MCAL. 

0 Likes

Ok,

is there some forum, blog, support page that can help me?

Thanks again

0 Likes

Hi LucaOlivero

Do you have MCAL permissions? To use certain modules(ex, WdgIf) in MCAL, you must obtain permission and install the Plugin.

0 Likes

Hi DownyK,

thanks for the answer. I didn't install any plugin, I don't know Tresos and the environment in general, I am performing a feasibility study and try to unserstand how Tresos work. Online I cannot find any user guide or how to start pdf.

So where I can find the plugin and how I can obtain the permission?

Thanks

Luca

0 Likes

Hi LucaOlivero

I think you should contact an Infineon member. In general, in my case, for plugins that I will import and use in EB Tresos, my company pays Infineon to use them.

You can't use Tresos without a plugin for each module.

DownyK_0-1651565190130.png

0 Likes

Thanks for the answer.

I will try with the Infineon support.

Luca

0 Likes
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 100 replies posted 5 solutions authored

Maybe I'm wrong because I've only a little experience with Autosar but WdgIfDevice is a MCAL part? I think it is into the BSW and probably is related to EB in your case not to Infineon.

0 Likes

Hi FD_aurix 

You're right. I wrote it wrong because I was confused. In the case of WdgIf, it is a BSW module, not an MCAL.

If I remember correctly, the wdgIf of AURIX 1G was provided by Infineon in the form of SafeTLib. Of course, This is not free.

In the case of Aurix2G, It is sold by Hitex. , an Infineon subsidiary, But  I just don't know if EB provides wdgIf for AURIX.

0 Likes

Nice question.

Where I can find this information?

The module WdgIfDevice in the Module configuration is inside Watchdog Stack

0 Likes

Which mcu do you use?

0 Likes

Aurix Infineon TC299.

My company bought a SafeTLib to use TLF 35584 but there is a problem in the code generation so I am trying to use the demo version of Tresos and a generic Wdg interface just to understand if in this way all works right or no. 

0 Likes

To be honest, I don't know if generic WdgIf exists. The only WdgIf I've used is the WdgIf purchased from SafeTLib and Vector.

I think you should contact Infineon and you can get help with SafeTLib. 

DownyK
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 10 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

DownyK_0-1651570694076.png

Looking at the photos you have attached, I think you need a Wdg Device Ref. (Internal WDG or External WDG)

For example, the Internal Wdg ref of MCAL module provided by Infineon or the External WDG TLF35584 ref by a third party (ex. vector).

The WDG module is in the Basic MCAL Package provided by Infineon. It's an internal WDG stack. Modules like TLF will have to be purchased separately.

0 Likes