Trace 32 Debug Port Fail after setting Initial SWAP configuration (for SOTA)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Mahesh_Doddi
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First reply posted First question asked

1. I have Set the start address in to UCB_BMHD

2. Programmed UCB23 (UCB_SWAP_ORIG) and UCB31 (UCB_SWAP_COPY) areas: that is MARKERL0 (with 0x00000055)and CONFIRMATIONL0 (with 0x57B5327F) and also corresponding MARKERH0.ADDR and CONFIRMATIONH0.ADDR are set.

3. Then i performed reset (Power on Reset) without enabling the SWAPEN.

4. Next power cycle when i try flashing the Application or trying SYS.Up from Trace32, I'm facing Debug port fail error

Did i miss anything or can anyone suggest to recover from Debug Port Error

Thanks in advance

1 Solution
Yuva
250 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hello,

We don't see any issue with your steps, just MARKERH0.ADDR and CONFIRMATIONH0.ADDR values need to be confirmed. We need more details to debug the issue. As this is on security topic, we request you to contact your local Infineon, distributor or software reseller.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Yuva

Hello,

We don't see any issue with your steps, just MARKERH0.ADDR and CONFIRMATIONH0.ADDR values need to be confirmed. We need more details to debug the issue. As this is on security topic, we request you to contact your local Infineon, distributor or software reseller.

Thanks

Mahesh_Doddi
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First reply posted First question asked

Hello Yuva,

thanks for the reply !!

Regarding the data in MARKERH0.ADDR and CONFIRMATIONH0.ADDR register, 

we need to write address of UCB_SWAP_ORIG's MARKERL0.SWAP and CONFIRMATIONL0.CODE  in to UCB_SWAP_ORIG's MARKERH0.ADDR and CONFIRMATIONH0.ADDR respectively.

But if by mistake , if we have written UCB_SWAP_COPY's MARKERL0.SWAP and CONFIRMATIONL0.CODE in to UCB_SWAP_ORIG's MARKERH0.ADDR and CONFIRMATIONH0.ADDR respectivley. Does this scenario also makes the Core to stop access to Debugger ?

If so, is there any possibility to reset the scenario? 

Thank you !!

0 Likes
Yuva

Hello,

In case of wrong UCB configuration it is possible for the device to be locked during the boot. Unfortunately there is no recovery method.

Thanks

0 Likes