To define the desired code memory location for library files for tc277te controller

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello All,

I would like to ask for support for the below issue facing with the environment as mentioned below.

Working Environment:
controller- TC277TE
Compiler- Tasking 4.0r2
Debugger- trace32

Requirement: To create a build which should have all code at desired location (not default location) except jump instruction at RESET location.
Issue: Here I am using library for some functionality like- _c_init().But for this library code, I am not able to change the code location to desired location.

Here for your reference, i have attached the source files, LSL file, compiler, linker and map files. Please let us know how can I resolve the issue.

Regards,
Dharmik B
0 Likes
4 Replies
Not applicable
_c_init() function is for the initialisation of the assigned global variables which is in the start-up file(cstart.c). And if u want to change your code segment in some other location then u can do it in LSL file by changing the address location of the text segment(PFlash).For this you also need to the check type of bus access to the memory.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thank you for your response. By using lsl file, I am able to change code location for cstart.c and application.c, but I am not able to change for library, which is used from the available compiler library files. Do I have any option to change for application?
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hello Dharmik,

of course you are able to change code location for every symbol, even the ones supplied by the compiler.
Just add an select ".text._c_init*"; to your group if you want to change the c_init() location.
0 Likes
Eldridgekamryn2
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted Welcome!

To define the desired code memory location for library files on a TC277TE controller, one must typically refer to the specific documentation provided by the controller's manufacturer or the development environment being used. It involves configuring the memory addresses within the software or integrated development environment (IDE) to ensure that the library files are stored in the intended location. As an example, in the TC277TE controller, updates to the code memory location may involve specifying the appropriate memory segments or addresses in the project settings or linker scripts, thereby allowing seamless integration and execution of library files. Always refer to the latest documentation and release notes for any updates or changes related to memory configuration on the TC277TE controller.

0 Likes