Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Shafi96
Level 3
Level 3
50 sign-ins First solution authored 25 replies posted

Hi team,

Please address my following queries which will help me a lot for further proceedings.

What is default start-up mode of AURIX TC397x when the device is delivered from the factory?

How to change BMHD contents to configure the start-up mode as ASC Generic Bootstrap? I am aware what are the changes to be done in BMHD to select ASC generic Bootstrap loader mode, but how to apply the changed BMHD into AURIX?

BMHD verification and start-up mode selection code flow is explained in user manual, can I have a programmatic(code) fro the same please?

In ASC bootstrap loader, target needs some inputs from host like baud rate setting, ack ect, Can I have some reference codes to design such host application to implement ASC BSL?

Help is most appreciated.

Regards,

Shafi.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Jeremy_Z
1000 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 likes received

Hi @Shafi96 
Thanks for your reply.
Let me clarify it.
If you get a new TC397 chip, it can be put in the central socket, after the hardware connection is ready, then try to debug a demo project in AURIX™ Development Studio.
It'll program BMHD to the chip during the debug process, and the default BMHD supports HWCFG pins.
Lastly, you can configure the HWCFG pins (such as the button shows)to force MCU to enter the ASC BSL mode.

2023-06-28_17h03_30.png
BR,
Jeremy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Jeremy_Z

Hi @Shafi96 
1) What is the default start-up mode of AURIX TC397x when the device is delivered from the factory?
-- Internal start from Flash.
2) How to change BMHD contents to configure the start-up mode as ASC Generic Bootstrap?
-- Please refer to the below figure.

2023-06-27_16h40_24.png
3) Can I have a programmatic(code) fro the same please?
-- The BOOT Firmware is in charge of verifying the BMHD, which locates in the ROM and is confidential to customers.
4) Can I have some reference codes to design such host application to implement ASC BSL?
-- Just I says, the BOOT Firmware also handles the ASC BSL, it's a confidential code.
BR,
Jeremy

0 Likes

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your response.

Please refer to the below figure.

-- I had referred the user manual document and I'm aware what are changes need to be done to configure the startup mode, what I am asking is how to apply the updated BMHD to AURIX for the first time in order to configure the startup mode as ASC BSL from next onwards?

Just I says, the BOOT Firmware also handles the ASC BSL, it's a confidential code.

-- I am not asking BOOT firmware, please read the question clearly. XMC1000 has sample code for host application to implement ASC BSL in windows, same way Can I have any code samples to build host app which implements ASC BSL in Linux?

Regards,

Shafi.

0 Likes
Jeremy_Z

Hi @Shafi96 ,
1) What I am asking is how to apply the updated BMHD to AURIX for the first time in order to configure the startup mode as ASC BSL from the next onwards.
-- First, I don't recommend using the BMHD to select the ASC BSL mode in the development phase, next, you can use the debug tool to program any demo in the GitHub repository to the MCU to assure the BMHD supports HWCFG pins, after that, you can use the HWCFG pins to force MCU to enter the ASC BSL mode.
2) Can I have any code samples to build host app which implements ASC BSL in Linux?
-- Unfortunately, we don't have such code samples.
BR,
Jeremy

0 Likes

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for your response.

Use the debug tool to program the MCU to assure the BMHD supports HWCFG pins, after that, you can use the HWCFG pins to force MCU to enter the ASC BSL mode.

-- I am puzzled about the statement, can you elaborate the same please?

Regards,

Shafi.

0 Likes
Jeremy_Z

Hi @Shafi96 
Thanks for your reply.
Let me clarify it.
If you get a new TC397 chip, it can be put in the central socket, after the hardware connection is ready, then try to debug a demo project in AURIX™ Development Studio.
It'll program BMHD to the chip during the debug process, and the default BMHD supports HWCFG pins.
Lastly, you can configure the HWCFG pins (such as the button shows)to force MCU to enter the ASC BSL mode.

2023-06-28_17h03_30.png
BR,
Jeremy

0 Likes