The meaning of EVADV EMUXSEL register

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Charlie9527
Level 2
Level 2
5 questions asked 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hi,

I am now working on ADC emux function, and I have a question about the meaning of EMUXSEL.

I have two questions.

For example,  if I write 8 to EMUXGRP1,  what is the number of 8 for?

Charlie9527_0-1674013694010.png

From the TC3xx user manual p1240, there is some descriptions as follow:

Each available EMUX control interface can be controlled by an arbitrary group (see register EMUXSEL). One
channel or a set of channels from that group can be selected for this operating mode (see register GxEMUXCS
(x=0-11)).

In my opinion, the group is the two emux group, and the channels in emux group can be choosed. Am I right?

0 Likes
1 Solution
ugo_8a
Employee
Employee
10 solutions authored 25 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hi, 

bitfield EMUXGPR0 selects the adc group that we want to add an external multiplexer (hence the group can control the channel sequence.)

for example, to configure an external multiplexer on ADC group 0, CH2:

EMUXGPR0 = 0 // ADC 0 

EMUXCSS = 2 // Channel 2

Note: something important to remember is that the multiplexed channels are converted in sequence you selected for example if you use sequence mode the conversion will done by setting EMUXSET = 7 // start at channel 7

then the conversion will be 7->6->5 etc.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
ugo_8a
Employee
Employee
10 solutions authored 25 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hi, 

bitfield EMUXGPR0 selects the adc group that we want to add an external multiplexer (hence the group can control the channel sequence.)

for example, to configure an external multiplexer on ADC group 0, CH2:

EMUXGPR0 = 0 // ADC 0 

EMUXCSS = 2 // Channel 2

Note: something important to remember is that the multiplexed channels are converted in sequence you selected for example if you use sequence mode the conversion will done by setting EMUXSET = 7 // start at channel 7

then the conversion will be 7->6->5 etc.

0 Likes