Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Ralphance
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 5 likes given First like received

hello:

When I was developing using the routines provided by Aurix Studio, I found a file sync_on_halt.c in the Configurations folder. When I masked it and did not participate in the compilation, it could be compiled successfully. However, when using Lauterbach debugging, there would be traps. So I would like to ask what is the purpose of this file and do I have to use it?

Thanks!!!

0 Likes
1 Solution
User13836
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 sign-ins

You can have a look at the comment included at the beginning of the sync_on_halt.c file which is:

/**************************************************************************
** FILE : sync_on_halt.c *
** DESCRIPTION : *
** Derivative-specific code that is run, every time the target *
** halts, to synchronize the target and the debugger. *
** This code is linked in by default. At the risk of debugging *
** problems resulting from e.g. cache incoherence, it can be *
** left out by right-clicking on the file in the C/C++ Projects *
** view and selecting "Exclude from build...". *

So the file is related to debugging. To be more specific: it is used by the TASKING debugger. If you use a 3rd party debugger it is not needed as far as I know. Thus it would be unexpected if you face a trap when debugging your application using the Lauterbach debugger when the sync_on_halt.c file is not added to the project and this trap does not show up when you add the file to the project. Can you confirm that the trap does not show up after sync_on_halt.c was added to the poject? 

Best regards,

Ulrich Kloidt
TASKING tools support

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Jeremy_Z
1000 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 likes received

Hi @User13836 ,

Can you help to answer the question?

BR,

Jeremy

0 Likes
User13836
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 sign-ins

You can have a look at the comment included at the beginning of the sync_on_halt.c file which is:

/**************************************************************************
** FILE : sync_on_halt.c *
** DESCRIPTION : *
** Derivative-specific code that is run, every time the target *
** halts, to synchronize the target and the debugger. *
** This code is linked in by default. At the risk of debugging *
** problems resulting from e.g. cache incoherence, it can be *
** left out by right-clicking on the file in the C/C++ Projects *
** view and selecting "Exclude from build...". *

So the file is related to debugging. To be more specific: it is used by the TASKING debugger. If you use a 3rd party debugger it is not needed as far as I know. Thus it would be unexpected if you face a trap when debugging your application using the Lauterbach debugger when the sync_on_halt.c file is not added to the project and this trap does not show up when you add the file to the project. Can you confirm that the trap does not show up after sync_on_halt.c was added to the poject? 

Best regards,

Ulrich Kloidt
TASKING tools support

0 Likes

Thank you very much for your reply. What do you mean is that if I use the Lauterbach debugger, there is no need to compile the file into the project. Is my understanding correct?

Thanks!!!

0 Likes

That is correct. The Lauterbach debugger does not need this file. It is used by the TASKING debugger which is included in the ADS product. 

Thank you very much for your answer, which resolved my question.

Thanks!!!

0 Likes