Tc222L/Tc212S differences

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User16898
Level 4
Level 4
I’m currently switching MCU in my application, so far I have been using TC222L.
I have changed MCU to TC212S which is compatible with TC222L.

Now I have two identical boards( the only differences between them is MCU).
Tc222L board CAN is working properly , but board with tc212S is not working at all:
if I send 10 frames, some( or none) of them reach destination(checked on oscilloscope).
Sometimes MCU program just hangs and do not send anything.
The code in this two cases is exactly the same.
As the boards(PCBs) are exactly the same, hardware problem was eliminated.

Datasheet says there are no differences between these two MCU’s( in terms of can module),
I found no differences in module architecture, registers or implementation pattern.
I use tc22x(ILLD tasking toolset) library on both MCU(tC222L, TC212S), as data sheet says they are the same, I assumed library also can be the same.

Why then Tc212S CAN module is not working properly?

I'm awared, that tc21x/tc22x/tc23x datasheet sometimes do not say that some features described are not available on specific MCUs in family.
Is it also a missing thing in datasheet ?
0 Likes
2 Replies
cwunder
Employee
Employee
100 solutions authored 5 likes given 50 likes received
The user's manual has a section with a table (see section 1.1.2 Device Variants) for the differences. In addition there are also Data Sheet Addendums for the TC22x and TC21x variants.

Do you have your memory map defined appropriately for the TC212?

Another thing would be to be sure you are using the same step for the device. For example are both devices "AC" step?
0 Likes
User16898
Level 4
Level 4
cwunder wrote:
The user's manual has a section with a table (see section 1.1.2 Device Variants) for the differences. In addition there are also Data Sheet Addendums for the TC22x and TC21x variants.

Do you have your memory map defined appropriately for the TC212?

Another thing would be to be sure you are using the same step for the device. For example are both devices "AC" step?

no, my map file is defined for Tc222
Yes, both MCUs are "AC" steps
0 Likes