Tc222 locks after trying to enable safety watchdog

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
User16855
Level 1
Level 1
Hi

Recently I got in troubles by trying to use safety watchdog in combination with SMU on TC222

The problem is that when trying to initialize safety watchdog, uC enters some kind of lock mode (tasking_log.png) and I am unable to program the uC afterwards. Memtool can only erase the memory but I can happen only once, after that im unable to reprogram the uC

4756.attach

I was using following code to get the safety watchdog running with 10s of time out time that would generate alarm to SMU resulting in system reset:

4757.attach

For now I have two boards that I cannot connect to, is there a possibility to unlock theses devices?
Is it possible that this code may cause such behaviour?
Is it a correct way to initialize and enable safety watchdog with SMU?
0 Likes
7 Replies
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
Maybe the device is in a wrong boot mode. What is the state of the reset LED? They are always on or off? When you connect via Memtool the LED is on for a short time?
0 Likes
User16855
Level 1
Level 1
Yes, when connecting with memtool, the blue LED on miniwiggler ( I suppose this is what you mean by reset LED, am I right?) is turning on for a split of a second. How can I change the boot mode?
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
This blue LED is driven by the UDAS software, this is not the LED I mean. I expect that you are using a TriBoard and this board has a red LED connected on ESR0. What is the state of this LED? If you use another board then what is connected to ESR0 on this board?
0 Likes
User16855
Level 1
Level 1
We are using our own board and ESR0 is connected to a bistable switch. During our work state of this input is forced by pull up resistor to 3V3
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
Can you measure the state of ESR0? Is always 0 or 1 or e.g. goes to high 2 times for a short time after reset from miniWiggler then stay at 0 and soon...
0 Likes
User16855
Level 1
Level 1
Our uC is Tc222 and we don't have ESR0 pin (it is on packages of 100 and more pins I think, we have 80 pins), I checked ESR1 and it is always 3,3V
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
You are right. I don't had attention to this fact. Can you check with DAS Device Scanner if there is any connection? Open DAS Device Scanner, select the device by Start Client. You will get an error message, cancel or select Reset Device. Which answer you get here always Device Locked or Device in Reset?
0 Likes