TLE9255W DLC and Baudrate Register Configuration.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Spartan2614
Level 1
Level 1
10 replies posted 5 likes given 25 sign-ins

Hello all,

Need help on TLE9255W configuration part for Baud rate and DLC,

In datasheet, description  it is mentioned that it can support upto 5Mbps but in SWK_CTRL_2 Baudrate Control register for Bitfield BR maximum it is given 1 Mbit/s.

1db085b2-044a-4186-9e17-1891b5e86c07.png

BaudrateBaudrate

As mentioned CAN FD Baudrate  can be configured using SPI field BR_RATIO of the register  SWSWK_CTRL_2 but not clear how to configure TLE9255W  for upto 5 Mbits/s in CAN FD through SPI.

DLCDLC

And Same for the DLC in below image it is mention till 8 data bytes above that 4 bit value  0b1000. So how to configure for 64 bytes of data.

Thanks 

0 Likes
1 Solution
cwunder
Employee
Employee
5 likes given 50 likes received 50 solutions authored

Hello @Spartan2614 I think there is a misunderstanding about what is a CAN(FD) transceiver with Partial Networking (PN) and CAN(FD) controller. The TLF9255W is a CAN(FD) transceiver with partial networking support however it does NOT contain a CAN controller. If you expect to use this transceiver with a device that does not have a CAN controller it will not work. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
cwunder
Employee
Employee

You can't use selective wake with CAN FD frames.

cwunder_0-1653703504507.png

Spartan2614
Level 1
Level 1
10 replies posted 5 likes given 25 sign-ins

Thanks again @cwunder  for your help,  i think i understood this IC (TLE9255W)in wrong way, didn't this IC support CAN FD Transmission and reception. if this support CAN FD then if its mention 5Mbps then to send and receive data on 5 Mbps how to configure and in CAN FD how to configure DLC above 8 bytes as CAN FD can max support 64byte , i think i have messed up in understanding the IC Whole operation can you please help me in this also.

0 Likes
cwunder
Employee
Employee

Hello @Spartan2614 I think there is a misunderstanding about what is a CAN(FD) transceiver with Partial Networking (PN) and CAN(FD) controller. The TLF9255W is a CAN(FD) transceiver with partial networking support however it does NOT contain a CAN controller. If you expect to use this transceiver with a device that does not have a CAN controller it will not work. 

Thanks again @cwunder .  Really appreciate your support in this Forum.

0 Likes